Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Smarty Pants Surprise /NAC #37

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Saturday! I hope you're having a great weekend! I spent the morning and early afternoon with my daughter and son-in-love getting the last few things they needed to have for when baby Eribella arrives in just a few short weeks. We are so excited to finally get to meet her. Of course my daughter is mostly excited about just having her body back to herself. But before I get down to cleaning out closets and doing more Spring Cleaning/Getting the house ready to put on the market cleaning I wanted to sit down and get today's card done and posted.

I have to tell you when I first saw this week's sketch, I was a little nervous. Clean and simple is definitely not my cup-o-tea. But, I was determined to make a good card and not only that, but I decided to really step out of my box. Do you ever surprise yourself? Well, I really surprised myself with this one! I almost never use DSP for a background. I'm not sure why, I just don't. I bet you could look back in the almost 2 years of this blog and count the times I used DSP as a background on less than 2 hands. Truthfully, probably on 1 hand. But, I had decided to christen not one but two of my Sale-A-Bration stamp sets and I had so much Sycamore Street DSP lying around, and it's so pretty, I thought why not. And you know what, I like how this card ended up so much I think I'm going to make a few sets with it, probably as 4 x 4's but still. Not only that, but the whole card came together in less than 25 minutes and that included cutting and measuring all of my c/s and even conditioning one of my new stamps. That is unheard of for me. So I really surprised myself with this card, and in a good way too!!!! :)

Here's today's card-



Congratulations card featuring Patterned Occasions Stamp Set 
& Sycamore Street DSP and 
I'm soooo excited by how this card turned out! I almost never do monochromatic cards but I went that way because of the DSP and it just worked. 




I stamped off the jeans image once to lighten it up, and it made it just right. for the sentiment, I used my Curly Label Punch and a scrap of Whisper White c/s. I simply turned the punch and used the short edge and centered the sentiment inside it before punching. 

Here's this week's sketch over at Nacho Average Challenge-



I took just a little liberty with the sketch by adding the DSP layer. I hope those fabulous ladies over at NAC won't hold it against me. Have you played along with them yet? They have a different challenge each week, alternating between color and sketches and they are always full of inspiration and so nice with their comments.

Here's a peek at the inside-


I kept it super simple, just a strip of the same DSP from the front and a stamp and matching punch from another SAB set, Ciao Baby. I thought it went well with the sentiment from the front.  :) Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you like and it inspires you to make something that surprises you in a good way and I hope those fabulous ladies over at NAC like it too. If you like it or have any questions I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a comment in the space below. I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card I've put to buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too!

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe-

Shan
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how pretty! I love monochromatic cards!! And, this is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan