Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Merry Christmas- Stampin 411 Challenge SSC 229

Pin It
Hey y'all - No, I'm not posting twice in one day. (I wish) I'm just putting this picture up so I can link to it today. The challenge ends tomorrow morning at 8am and with class tonight, well, if I don't submit it now I might miss it... and I think it's too pretty to miss. Hope you think so too. ****Note**** I came back and edited this to include the blog entry. See below the picture and initial sign off. Thanks! Shan****

Here's my card-






Here's the Stampin 411 Sketch-





I'll be back tomorrow with the blog to go with it....

Till then-

Be Safe,
Shan


Hey Y'all! Here's the continuation from the above post.
I hope today finds you warm and dry! That is surely NOT the case here in the DMV! Had I not seen the weather and known this mess was coming I would have been afraid I brought this mess upon us by mentioning those two bad Horrible 4-Letter words the other day.... you know the c word and the s word. UGH! It was so cooooold and windy and then the rain started at the slug line this morning...The good news though is that at least it made me feel like it was winter, so I could feel good about posting a Christmas card! Bright side of things, right?

So, for those of you that are new here, I am somewhat (A Lot) technologically challenged. In fact, that I have managed to get to this point in my blog without any major problems is a minor miracle in it's own right. I'm sure there is probably a way to have linked yesterday's post and today's but I sure don't know it. SMH.... Thanks for hanging with me as I figure this stuff out! :-) Yesterday's post is linked to the Stampin 411 page, I'm posting today for anyone who doesn't see that page. Hope that makes sense.

I'm a Scaredy Cat. Did you read the name of my blog? But I'm trying to not be such a big one at least and I entered a challenge a few weeks ago. This week though, I think I lost my ever-luvin-mind! (What? It's a real southern word) I found and entered two of them.

Yes, I said two. On the same day. Like I said... Lost my ever-luvin-mind! The good news is when I saw the sketches I had a plan in mind, right away. Unfortunately, they both had the same central element. So a little tweaking had to occur, but I got to go home and stamp & play all evening! SCORE! I have to say I was really pleased with how they both turned out.

This whole challenge thing though is like being back in High School or like being Single and Dating again. It's soooo intimidating and stressful! (Especially for us Scaredy Cats! Right?!?) It's not just me is it? I mean you're putting yourself out there, exposing yourself to everyone. Is it good enough? Will they like it? Will they get it? Augh! Is it in line with what others are doing or totally off base? Oh, but maybe if I try enough, it won't be as hard, right?

Well, Stampin 411 has been a challenge that I have followed for some time. I really like it because they give you a suggestion for the sizes of the different layers. I don't know about you, but this is one of the hardest parts for me, trying to figure out the measurements for different layouts, so this really helps simplify things for me. You can even go to the site and print out the challenges. I find it a great resource for card layouts.

Here's this weeks sketch-




I saw this and thought of the Poinsettias from the WOW Christmas Card Class from my upline Robin Merriman. Now that it's so C--D outside and making me feel Christmassy it seems like the perfect card too!
However, it was 70 on Tuesday when I was making it. *TEAR* I want summer back!

Here's my card-


I stuck right to their sketch and suggested dimensions except for the Wild Wasabi strip which I cut long and trimmed down.

I started with a base of Real Red cardstock. My next layer was Holy Berry DSP  that I had run through the Big Shot in my Lattice Embossing Folder. I love the texture it gives it.This is absolutely one of my favorite folders! I then used a strip of Wild Wasabi I embossed with the Snow Burst Folder. I had to do this piece twice. You definitely have to cut your material big and trim down when you use this folder if you want precise sizing. I adhered both of those layers down with Tombow so they would stay put.

The next layer of Real Red and Very Vanilla is Tombowed together and I heat embossed the Merry Christmas from Four for the Holidays in Gold Embossing Powder and then popped it all up with dimensionals.

The beautiful poinsettia was from Robin's class. Have you been to her blog? Check her out.... She has such Amazing stuff!....But, wait till after you're finished here. I was so excited I was able to turn it so it fit on the card, and in the envelope. It looks like it extends past the edge at the top, but it doesn't really.

Here's the inside-


I stamped the greeting in gold and was done.  For those of you that know me, Yes, I forgot to stamp something else on the inside. Truth be told, at this point I was tired. I had to remember to stamp the greeting, since it wasn't part of the challenge. LOL.

And Tink has been on Vacation. I think there was enough shimmer on the front of the card, though. I'm sure she will be back in full force soon.

I hope you liked today's card. It's starting to feel like Christmas around here so there will be more coming. If you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

If you need supplies to make today's card or cards like it you can shop in my online store 24/7.

Card recipe:
Cardstock- Real Red, Very Vanilla, Wild Wasabi, Holly Berry DSP, Red Glimmer Paper
Ink- Versamark
Big Shot- Lattice Embossing Folder, Snow Burst Embossing Folder
Punch- Blossom Petals Builder Punch, 1 1/4 inch Circle Punch
Misc- Vintage Brad, Mat Pack, Piercing Tool, Tombow Adhesive, Stampin Dimensionals, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Embossing Tool

Well, that's it for today.  If we don't see each other tomorrow I hope you have a great weekend and get to spend it with friends and family and of course Stamping. I'm going to spend tonight finishing up my swaps for this weekend's big meeting and Valentine's themed Swap, hard to believe that's what we're working on already...

Till next time,

Be Safe,
Shan


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS!! I love the sparkly poinsettia!! And the embossed designer paper! Awesome job! Hope it's not your last time to play along with us at Stamping 411!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is gorgeous! Love that sparkly flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that flower looked familiar. I saw it on Robins site. Love it and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats for being in the Top 5 at the 411 this week! So proud of you girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan