Friday, November 25, 2011

End of the Week Technique # 9 - Wine Bottle Gift Tags

Pin It
Hey y'all! I'm back! Yes, it's kinda scary, but not quite as bad as when little Carol Anne said it in Poltergeist. :o) *tee-hee* Took you back didn't I?

I was up late Wednesday night working on some birthday gifts and Hostess gifts for Thanksgiving day and this is what I came up with. I saw these a few weeks back and thought they were just an Amazing idea and knew they would be great not only for my Thanksgiving Hostess gifts, but for anytime. In fact, we're doing them at my Last Minute Gifts Class in 2 weeks. Have you signed up yet? There's still room. I showed these to people yesterday, and they were a huge hit. So quick and easy and so versatile too. I used a wine bottle, but you could use Champagne, or Sparkling Cider would be a great alternative too.

I got this idea from Andrea Walford and her Makeover Monday Challenge. It's a work from your own stash challenge where she takes something she she sees in a mainstream publication or online and then does her version of it with whatever she has in her studio and then challenges everyone to do their version with whatever they have. It's very Quick and Easy. I was so surprised how easy it was and how many ideas I had to adapt it even more. I've put the video here so you don't have to go elsewhere to view it.


So, I got out my Fall Colors and went to work. My initial thought was about stamping leaves and cutting them out and attaching them and maybe using my lattice folder somehow, but then I decided to try a different embossing folder. I'm so glad I did. It made things go so much quicker and the results were just stunning! What do you think?


I used Cajun Craze and More Mustard cardstock for the Gift Tag. I used the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder and put the cardstock in it across the folder instead of lengthwise. I then moved it up and realigned it with the edge and ran it through again. I used my Scalloped Border Punch to create a pretty edge on the bottom cardstock, and then SNAIL'ed the two layers together. (How many of you are gasping right now that I used SNAIL instead of Tombow? LOL!) I inked the sentiment from Day of Gratitude which is one of my All-Time Favorite sets in Soft Suede and stamped it on a Scrap of Very Vanilla and punched it out with my Designer Label Punch and framed it with another scrap of More Mustard. I popped this up with a couple of dimensionals added a few pearls of various sizes on the tag and the label and my tag was complete.



This is really a Great gift idea. For as little as $5-6, (depending on the cost of your beverage) you've got a gift you're not only proud to give but your Host/ess is happy to recieve. How much nicer is this than sticking the bottle in a bag? You could make multiples of these tags in advance and have them ready to go, just like you have cards ready to go. Trust me that's what I'm going to do.

What do you think? I hope you like it! Better yet, I hope you give it a try soon, and send me pics to show me what you've done. The possibilities are endless. If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

Well, that's it for today. No, really. No third post will be forthcoming. ;-) I hope you have a great day and a fabulous weekend filled with family, friends, fun and of course plenty of time for stamping and designing. If you need to get supplies to make this project or others like it, don't forget you can shop in my ONLINE STORE and avoid the crowds.

Project Recipe
Cardstock-Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Very Vanilla
Ink- Soft Suede
Stamps- Day of Gratitude
Big Shot, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder
Accessories- Clear Block C, Pearls, Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Designer Laber Punch, 1 3/4 Circle Punch, SNAIL adhesive

Don't forget our Stampin Extravaganza too. It's only here for a Limited Time!




Online Extravaganza, Stampin' Up!'s annual sale to kick off the holiday shopping season, will begin 
Monday, November 21, 2011, and run through Wednesday, November 30, 2011
.
You may place orders either through my Online Store or by e-mailing me directly at angelshannona@gmail.com

You'll want to be sure to log in to my Online Store beginning  
Monday, November 21
, to take advantage of great savings!

-FREE digital downloads valued at $40 when you buy My Digital Studio Express,
-60 percent off select Designer Fabrics,
-30 percent off an exclusive ribbon bundle!

Till next time,
Be Safe,
Shan




Pin It

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! Fantastic job! Thanks for playing along with us at Pals Paper Arts! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan