Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Happy Harvest - Trick or Treat Surprise

Pin It
Hey y'all, how are you this morning? Did you survive the onslaught of little ghouls and goblins yesterday? At work we have 2 daycare centers and they did a Halloween Parade and let me tell you they were so Stinkin Cute I just wanted to get out my BB and take pictures!!!!! But, you know the thing is so slow they would have been gone and I would have looked like a creepy perv. *sigh* But they were so precious!!!!

My lights were out on my porch so none of the sweet little ones came by my house last night, good thing since I didn't have any candy. (Didn't want that stuff hanging around taunting me!) Did however have a couple of the older monsters come by after hours looking for handouts. How do I know they were monster and not sweet little ghouls and goblins who had not yet matured into monsters you might ask....Well let me tell you. It was after 8:30, almost 9. No sweet little ghoul or goblin is going to be out that late.

Did you know Va. has age limits on Trick-or-Treating? Yep-12, and time restrictions, 8:30. Let me tell you, I didn't even get up when the doorbell rang and they pounded on the door. (Another sure sign it was monsters) I was just getting around to eating dinner, still had laundry to do and a card for this weekend's stamp camp  to do. Are you coming? I hope so!

Well Sunday night I was in the studio working on a Fall card and Shere Khan, my friendly ghost, yes I know it doesn't have quite the same ring as Casper but it is his name, decided to play a little early Halloween Trick or Treat prank on me. Unfortunately, his was a Trick, luckily, I think it still ended up being a Treat. Want to see what I mean?

I actually sat down to make a card to put on here for yesterday's post. I was going to keep my sweetie's card just for him. So I decided to  make some pumpkins, thought maybe I would draw some faces, but then I thought they were cute enough like they were, so I decided to just leave as they were. What do you think?

I took a base of Basic Black cardstock 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4 and layer a 4 x 4 piece of Frightful Sight DSP over that. I just love the Fall colors! I took a 1" strip of Simply Celery and sponged it with the same color and placed it down the left side with some Tombow. I wish I had my measurements for the center piece with me, I think it's about 1 3/4 x 2 3/4 Whisper White that I sponged lightly with Cajun Craze and about 2 x 3 piece of Cajun Craze that I also sponged with Cajun Craze. I adhered them together with Tombow. I really love using Tombow up here, because I know that my cards are going to stay together. I can make a card today, and if I don't give it away today, I know it will stay together. Sometimes, depending on the humidity in your area, this may not be the case if you use other adhesives.

For my Pumpkins I used my small oval, and 1 3/4" circle punch. Each pumpkin got 3 circles of Pumpkin Pie card stock and then got lightly sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink for a little added depth. I stuck them together with Tombow and then added the stem which I cut out of Early Espresso cardstock freehand. (To be honest with you, I had started on some green vines, but I made them too thin to curl and by the time I figured that out I was simply too tired to make more. Maybe they'll get added later. *tear*) I put these little cuties on with dimensionals. For the two on the outside, I doubled up the dimensionals on the outer edges so they would stand up a little higher since the inner edges were adhered to the edge of the center pumpkin.

I then mounted this whole center piece on my card with dimensionals and was feeling pretty good about my little card. I thought, "Hey, that's kinda cute! Tink hasn't hit it yet, but it's cute. Let me get the inside going and then we can add the finishing touches." So I go to open my card and find out that Khan has flipped it at some point and instead of sitting like you see it above it actually sits like this-



ROTFL!!!!!!!!!

Well Now! It just doesn't have quite the same impact does it? LOL! Do you have any idea how hard I am LOL'ing as I am writing this post right now? So Hard, would be the correct answer Alec!
Well, in the words of Tim Gunn, "Make it Work" came to mind, because darn it , it was just to cute to not! So, this is what I did-



I used my Journaler to write Surprise and punched it out with my Word Window Punch (I'm telling you it's my all-time favorite punch) , SNAIL'ed it and then covered it with Dazzling Diamonds.

Take That, Shere Khan! Your Trick turned into a Treat!

Ok, so most of you will say, "Shan, you just turned the cardstock and forgot to check it."
Could be. But, as long as the worse tricks he pulls are cute ones like this, well I won't be too mad at him!

Happy Fall Y'all!
Here's some Great News- Our Big Shot Promotion has been extended! You can get a FREE Big Shot or $100.00 in Free Merchandise just for signing up with Stampin'Up, through November 11, 2011. No Tricks just Treats, No Strings, Just Free! Contact me to learn more.

If you'd like to get the materials to make this card or cards like it, you can shop in my online store 24/7 HERE.

As always, if you like this card or it inspires you to make one of your own, send me a picture. I would love to see them! If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

Hope you'll check back in soon!

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan