Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My 3G/Ghostly Trio Is Baaaack! Halloween Treat Purse

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Humpday! I hope you're having a great week so far. The best part? Only 2 days left till the weekend. Woo-Hoo! :)

Have you seen the Great Pumpkin Blog Hop yet? No, not with Charlie, Snoopy, and the gang. The one with all the really cute Halloween cards and projects. Hard to believe, but it's on it's sixth Amazing week. You'll be able to see all the cute ideas in one convenient spot, at the bottom of this post. You'll be able to click on their picture and be whisked magically (haha) to their site to find out all about their Fabulosity. Why yes, that is a real word and once you see all the cool cards/projects, you'll believe it. :)

I went retro this week and used an idea from last Halloween. This treat holder was just sooo cute. I've been meaning to use it more this year and have just been finding other cute ideas so it kinda got pushed to the background. This weekend I got busy designing and brought back not only the purse but my 3 Cute Dudes as well. Here's today's project-

Halloween Purse Treat Holder featuring
Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP and Punch Art Ghosts
Isn't it cute? And how sweet is my Ghostly Trio, my little 3G's. Let me tell you, no one would be afraid to take this little treat holder. No sir-ree! These come together so quick, you won't even believe it. I think I'm going to make a bunch for an October Craft Fair. They're just the right size to put some candy in or a little non-edible treat like a lip-gloss/chap-stick.

Here's a closer look at my pale little sweeties-

Punch Art Ghosts
Know what you need to make this closure? I used my Decorative Label Punch and H&S DSP for the flap and my Small Oval Punch and Small Scalloped Circle Punch. (The one in the Big Catalog not the new smaller one in the mini) Punch out 3 Small ovals from Whisper White c/s and then insert the end into your Small Scalloped Circle Punch and give a little snip and Poof! Sweet little ghosts. You know it's not often in this big ole stamping community that you get to say you had an original idea, but these little guys...All Mine! I sponged the edges, lightly,  in Basic Grey and then added a little Two-Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds to the edges. I didn't get all of it brushed out from the center but it's ok. I think it just adds to their cuteness. I layered them and adhered them to my piece of Wisteria Wonder that I had punched with my Small Scalloped Circle Punch. The edges were lightly sponged with Wisteria Wonder and a little sparkly love added. This was attached to the flap with a Dimensional. I used a thin Velcro dot under the flap to keep my purse securely closed. We don't want our treats falling out. :)

Here's a peek at the inside-




Sorry, No Chocolaty goodness to show you but it will hold a individual Reeses' Cup or other snack-sized treats.

Here's a look from the side-


I can't wait to make some more of these and surprise my friends with them! Just in case this project is new to you here's the video. I didn't make it. It's by France Martin aka Frenchie. Enjoy!


That's all I have for you today. I hope you liked my newest 3-G purse/treat holder. Don't forget to check out all of the cool cards/projects on The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop. They'll be beneath my name.I love hearing from you so if you have comments or questions about today's project I hope you'll take a minute and leave me a little blog love. I read all my comments and they really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's project I've put those buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

I got a nice invite to link up with the Fab REAL Housewives of Riverton and their fun party. Thanks ladies! There's lots of cool stuff going on over there so stop by when you get a chance. Better yet, Link up and join the fun! :)



Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till next time-


Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. LOVE THE PUNCHED GHOSTS. GREAT IDEA ON HOW TO USE OUR PUNCHES. TFS
    TXJENNYWREN.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the cutest little ghosts! I am going to have to take a try at your purse--it's fabulous. You asked about my frame. I found it on a clearance rack at Michael's. It was brown and I spray painted it with black chalkboard paint. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute project! I want to try to make it too. I'm glad you added photos of the inside and side views. That helps! Thanks for adding your purse to The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop.

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those ghosts are adorable! We'd love for you to link this up at our party! http://housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com/2012/09/riverton-housewives-round-up-31.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan