Monday, September 17, 2012

MDS Monday- DMB & Hershey Park, One Sweet Night / A Two Page Layout For You

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was very busy. Saturday was pretty much consumed with finishing up my daughter's wedding invites, which they both loved. Yesterday I got to spend a couple of hours with my best guy friend Jason and one of his classmates watching football. The place we went to had a wall of t.v.'s 2 high in the bar where we sat, so we got to see just about all the games that were playing. Only one of the teams I like won yesterday. O.K. two if you count the team that defeated the Redskins. :) I was able to get some extra creating done last night though, while I caught up on my DVR and did laundry. I finished up the 2-page scrapbook layout for my DMB trip to Hershey 2 years ago that I got started on Friday. Yeah, I'm behind but now that I'm getting used to MDS2 I'm so excited about all the things I get to document digitally. You may be thinking "2 days on one layout?" Well, I didn't get to just sit down and do it, I did it in-between other stuff and wait till you see all the extras on it.

I know I've mentioned before that I don't know why I can't just be a little more simple with my cards as well as my MDS projects. Well, this project is definitely not in the simple category. I finished the pages, but I'm just putting the layout with all the extras here. My sis says I should keep our exploits adventures for just us. Lol!!! I think you're still going to enjoy the pages though. Here they are-

I'm not sure how to get these to look like a 2-page layout on here, sorry. :( Just imagine they're right next to each other, kay? Kay! :)

Here's a bigger picture so you can see all the details I know you're already seeing in the smaller one.

Hershey's Scrapbook page 

Why yes, that is a "Hershey Bar" used as the title. I used a square punch that I made into a rectangle and filled with Basic Grey color. I then layered another rectangle of Early Espresso on top of that and used Basic Grey for the lettering. I used a free font called Hurshey's for the words. How cute is that!?! And how about the little Reese's Pieces and M&M's I made and scattered all over the page? See what I mean about not being simple, and always having to do more? However, I have to say the extra time involved in making all the chocolate was soooo worth it and I think they make the pages. The two white squares are mats for pictures.

Here's page two-


This started out as one of the photo layouts included in MDS/MDS2. I added the layer of color on the bottom to coordinate with the one on the first page. It's Poppy Parade at 90% opacity. The colored squares go with the M&M's and are mats for more photos. I added more candy pieces to this page. It helps carry the theme from the first page, but it also makes it able to stand on it's own and still convey the Hershey feeling. I really like that these pages are great together but can stand alone equally well.

*Tip*- Adding page layers like, the Poppy Parade ones at the bottom of each page and the large square on page one, are a great way to change up photo templates or just add more character to ones you create. However, if you're like me and like to lighten the color up a little with the opacity slide, you might get discouraged by the underlying base color/pattern showing through, thereby limiting your color options. To keep this from happening I simply copy and paste an additional layer (usually a punched layer) when I first decide on the shape and size I want my layer to be. Once you have the additional layer, color it white. Once you have this white layer in-between your base color and your layer color you can adjust the opacity to whatever degree you would like without the base showing through.

Also, play around with your layer function. I love how just by changing the layers I was able to make the candies look like they were on top of, or underneath other pieces. The drop shadow feature is another favorite and it makes all the layers look so dimensional. These pages simply wouldn't be the same without those 2 features.

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked them and I hope they inspire you to play around with digital scrapbooking, have some fun and get caught up preserving your memories. I love hearing from you so if you liked today's project or have comments or questions about it, I hope you'll take just a moment to leave me a message in the comments section below. I read all of them and they really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's project, I've put those buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! I hope you'll come back soon to see all the new things I have for you. Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan











Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan