Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Believe You Are Wonderful Card and Tag / 2 Challenges in 1 / My Challenge #39

Pin It






Hey y'all. Happy Thursday! I hope you're having a great week so far. I have the day off but it'll be busy none-the-less. I'm going to see some of my most favorite people ever. True Heroes. Then I have to go see the orthopedist to see if we can get my feet feeling better. For those of you that don't know I started running almost 4 months ago and was doing really good, running 2 hours/day, 5 days/week (in non-running shoes) & doing pretty good. Then I switched to expensive "running" shoes and messed my arches up. Yep, arches, as in both of them. They have been painful for a month now and just walking is uncomfortable. Even a round of oral steroids has not fixed it. I'm expecting steroid shots in both arches and right now they hurt so bad the thought of the shots is the lesser evil of the two. :(

Know what makes me smile? When a card comes together like you visualized (or at least pretty close). Know what else? Getting my card for the Nacho Average Challenge done early, even though it's a dreaded "color challenge". Top that off with being able to combine it with another challenge makes it even better. Here's what I came up with-


Encouragement Card featuring
Snowflake Soiree Stamp Set, Northern Flurries Embossing Folder,
Delicate Designs Embossing Folder &
Large Scallop Edgelet

I was able to use this for Nacho Average Challenge's Color Challenge #12-


I was actually pretty excited about this color combo. It didn't totally terrify me, always a good thing! I don't usually look at the DT's cards before I do my own, because I don't want to be influenced by them. For some reason I did this time and I'm really glad I did, because Tammy loves her some snowflakes and had posted a card very similar to what I had in mind. I wonder if she would be offended if I were to say "Great minds & all that?" Have you seen her cards? Fab-u-lous! I would love to have someone think my cards were on her level. :) So anyways, I knew I had to change my game-plan just a little and went in search for a new sketch to use.

Lucky for me I have Try Stamping on Tuesday on my RSS feed and this was just waiting for me. It's been a while since I was able to play with them so it's nice to get to join up with them again. :) Here's their great sketch-


I'm pretty excited with what I came up with, how bout you? The only thing I'm missing is the 3 brads at the bottom of the tag. I do however have 3 pearls on my card. Do you think the fine D.T. over at TST will think that's sufficient? I sure hope so. :)

I decided to make the tag a functional part of the card and I think it still looks pretty good even once the tag's been removed-


I started with a base of Crumb Cake cardstock. Such a nice color, I'm not sure why I don't use it more. I ran my Island Indigo layer through the Big Shot with my Northern Flurries Embossing folder and then lightly sponged the raised embossed areas with my Whisper White Craft Classic Ink and a sponge dauber. Initially I tried coloring a Whisper White piece of c/s by inking up the E.F. with the Island Indigo ink and then embossing it. It came out ok, but it just wasn't even coverage everywhere and well, you know how I am so I had to formulate a new plan. I'm really happy with how Plan B turned out. My Lucky Limeade layer was run through the Big Shot with my Delicate Designs Embossing Folder and then used my Large Scallop Edgelet to cut it out. A little L.L. sponging helped define the embossed areas a little more. This layer was adhered with Dimensionals so the tag could be removed a little easier. I needed something to keep the tag from falling off the card so I added a pearl to my bottom snowflake as a stop. Since I didn't want it to be lonely I added a few more, cuz I'm just nice like that. :)

Here's a picture of the tag with the card-


I used my Two-Tags Die and cut the bookmark out of some scrap Very Vanilla c/s. The smallest snowflake in the Snowflake Soiree set was stamped in Crumb Cake and Lucky Limeade. The sentiment was stamped in Island Indigo. Don't you just love that font? So pretty! A little sponging in L.L. and I.I. and some I.I. Bakers twine finishes the tag. I did  stamp the snowflakes on both sides so it's pretty either way.

Here's the inside-


The sentiment is from Fabulous Phrases and I thought it went really well with the sentiment I used on the front. I went a little crazy with the snowflakes on the inside, but I couldn't help myself. There's still plenty of room for a hand-written note so I wasn't too worried. You know what I didn't add? Not a bit of glitter. I know you're reading that twice to see if you read that right. You did. Not a bit of glitz or glimmer on this card. And guess what, I still think it's pretty. :) I don't have enough cards that I could give to a guy, so I left it off this one. However, I think this is one I'll make multiples of for an upcoming craft show and some of those will have a little shimmer.

Well, that's all I have for you today. What do you think? I hope you like it and I hope those fabulous ladies over at NAC and TST like it too. I love hearing what you think, so if you liked today's card or have questions about it I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a message below. I read them all and they really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card, I've put the buttons on here for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! I hope you'll stop back by tomorrow for this week's End of the Week Technique. I think you're going to like it. Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the Rain.

Be Safe,
Shan


Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I love your snowflakes! The card is really pretty, and the tag is wonderful--a great bookmark or something! Thanks so much for joining us--you haven't missed a week yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours and you did a great job on the tag. I must be honest though, even as a designer for TSOT, I did not see the 3 brads until you mentioned it, so good job on at least getting the 3 pearls in there. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to play along with us this week at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embossing folder technique. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful and I adore your layout--the tag being able to come out is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at TSOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the texture here! The Pearls top the snowflakes off. Nice job. Thank you for playing along with ue at Try Stampin On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Christmas card idea! I like the color combination you used. Thanks for playing along with the TSOT sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your embossed snowflake! Very pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Try Stampin;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that your card has lots of texture. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan