Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Halloween Double Pocket Treat Holder and The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop Week #8

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Humpday! I hope you're having a great week so far. It's a beautiful day in the DMV. The storms have gone, leaving us a beautiful (if a little chilly) sunny day. Even better, I got some Great news last night. My friend Brenda was going to have to go to Washington State, all the way across country for 6 months next month. That trip has been cancelled and she'll now be able to stay here. How Amazing is that!?! *Happy Dance* I found out last night at dinner. I even made her a fabulous going away card, that I'm showing you tomorrow. How happy were we both that it turned into a staying here card? :) Ahhh, the answer to that question would be "So Very!"

Here's today's project-

Double Pocket Treat Holder featuring
Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP and Spooky Bingo Bits
I made this quick and easy project for Week 8 of The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop. Make sure you scroll all the way to the end of this post. I'll have all the entries showing at the bottom and you can access them all from there. Super Easy.




I love when you can take something quick and easy and use it for any occasion. This is just the right size, as you can see for a little pack of chocolaty love, but it will hold any small relatively flat packs of treats as well.

I've seen lots of these out there in bloglandia, most of them being made with 8x8 piece of DSP. While there's nothing wrong with that size, especially if you want to give something a little larger, like single Reese's cups, that means you can only get one per sheet of DSP. Not so bad if you only want to make one, but if you're looking to make multiples for yourself, a class or say a craft fair, that can get to be a little much. I made mine 6x6 which means that you can get 4 per sheet, making it much more economical. I did see one tutorial for the 6x6 size but it required a diagonal plate for your Simply Scored Tool. I designed mine so you can use your regular SST or if you just can't wait for yours to arrive you could do it with a paper-cutter and score blade or bone folder and ruler. However, I'll be more than happy to order you a SST to make your life a little easier. :) I made a template for mine, but it really wasn't blog worthy so look back here next week for a tutorial on how to make this in a jiffy.

I used my super cute Howlstooth and Scaringbone paper to make this little treat holder. I stamped a couple of images from my Spooky Bingo Bits Stamp Set on a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock and used my Decorative Label punch to cut it out. This is adhered with 2 Dimensionals. I let Tink have a little fun, because....well why not?

One of the best things about this, besides being economical and having candy is the second pocket in the back. Sure you could use it for more noms, but I decided to do something else-


Look, just the right size for a little note. I added a scrap of ribbon to mine, but it would be just as cute without.


Here's everything your lucky recipient would get. What a "Sweet" (hahahaha) little gift. How cute is the Orange M&M sneaking around in the background and the Red one looking for him. What fun!

Here's a side view to show you how the whole thing stands up on it's own-


Don'tcha just want to make a whole bunch of these for friends and co-workers. How nice would it be to find one of these on your desk or tucked into a jacket, briefcase or even a lunchbox? So nice. :)

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you like it and I hope it inspires you to make a little something for someone special, or maybe even someone not so special...scrooges aren't just around at the holidays. I hope you'll come back tomorrow for this week's End of the Week Technique and next week for the Tutorial on how to make this fun-size treat holder. If you liked today's project or have questions, I hope you'll take just a moment to leave me a comment below. I read them all and they really do make my day. If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's project, I've put those buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Don't forget to check out all the Amazing Cards & Projects on The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop just below my name. You just click on the pictures and you'll be taken directly to their blog. Better yet, why not make something and play along with us. Need even more incentive, Terry over at Goin' Over The Edge is hosting this little blog hop and at the end of week 13 is giving away a Free $50 SU gift certificate. WOW! Thanks Terry!

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Those glittery spider webs really caught my eye on your little treat holder, Shannon! Thanks for adding it to The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop.

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan