Thursday, August 25, 2011

Beachy Inspiration

Pin It
So, for those of you that don't know me, I grew up in the south and spent most of that time on a farm on a bay (it was actually called Fannen Bayou), and my grandfather had charter boats that we did Sports Fishing on. That's where I got my love of the beach and the ocean/water from. Seriously, if I can't smell the ocean I feel totally landlocked, which is pretty much all the time where I live right now. :(

Well. this past week my friend and Stampin' Up upline Robin got to go on vacay and went to the beach. When she mentioned digging her toes in the sand I have to admit I was a little jelly... like lime green JELLO- but only for a second because if anyone deserved a nice vacay, it was Robin. So it only lasted like a millisecond and then like she usually does Robin inspired me, even from the beach. (BTW- can I just say, I'm so glad she is not at the beach with Irene headed this way!)

Here's my card-


I used Very Vanilla for the base, it reminded me of sand. Then I used a blue layer on top of that that reminded me of the ocean. There you go, sand and sea...I was already happy. I then took the Very Vanilla and 3 Beachy Blue tones and punched out squares with my punch. I made another base of Very Vanilla and laid down strips of snail and then put the squares down. If you start in the corner and then work your way out you should be fine. (You can do random patterns or a set pattern. It's all up to you.) After I got my squares all laid out I put this on my TopNote Die and ran it through my Big Shot. I thought about adding something else but I liked just looking at the patterns and the colors and decided that just like the beach sometimes less is all you need.
After looking at this card for a while I thought it might make a nice thank you card when someone lets you stay at their house too (maybe I'll make a few extra).

Well, because Robin almost always adds a nice little touch to the inside of the card and I learned stamping from Robin, and she did inspire this card... here's a look at the inside.




I stamped the phrase You Inspire me from the Perfect Words Hostess Set. I thought it was fitting. I then stamped some beachy images in the bottom corner and colored them in with my Stampin' Write Markers. I used my Two Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to add a little glitz to the artwork inside the card. I think you can see it pretty good in the picture. I was really happy with how this part came out, I thought it looked so pretty. :)

So what do you think of my Beachy Inspiration? With Irene about to batter all of the East Coast I think this is the Beachiest I'm going to get anytime soon. Well, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed making it. I hope it let's you go to the beach or somewhere equally enjoyable for just a few minutes and maybe, just maybe, it will inspire you too.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan