Thursday, August 18, 2011

You Rock My World

Pin It
So...I checked my blog this morning and I couldn't believe it! My counter was at 10. 10 people had visited my blog. 10 unsuspecting people had stumbled upon my little blog. I have to admit it- I did a little Happy Dance, geesh if I'm honest (and I am- I'm doing one now too). Ok- so 8 unsuspecting people, 1 was my daughter and 1 was my good friend Stephanie. But, that is still 8 more people that I was expecting so I'm soooo happy.

Here's my first card for you. I hope you like it.



Isn't it Cute? It uses two new stamp sets from Stampin' Up's New 2011-2012 Idea Book. It uses Turtle and Co. which benefits Ronald McDonald House Charities and Perfect Words which is a Hostess Set and I have to say a great set (I made sure I had enough sales credits just so I could get it)

Want to know my favorite thing about both sets? They are clear mount sets. That means I can see exactly where I'm going to stamp without having to get out my Stamp-a-ma-jig (Happy Dance) If you don't know how much that means to me I know it's time consuming but scroll back through all my posts to the first one and you'll understand. :)

So this card was pretty easy. It was a standard card base with a second layer. I made a third smaller layer out of DSP (Designer Series Paper which by the way is on sale this month, buy 3 get 1 free) and I used the corner punch to round the upper corners just for a change.
I made the tag by cutting a rectangle of cardstock and cutting the upper corners at an angle. It's an easy way to make your own tags. I stamped the little guy twice so I could flip him over and have his head coming out of his shell differently and have him rock on his back. Get it Rock? I cut a strip of green cardstock that matched my base cardstock and fringed it for grass and adhered it to my tag with some snail adhesive, topped it all with a grass green brad and then popped it all up on my DSP layer with dimensionals.
My sentiment was stamped in Basic Black and I stamped "You're the Best" from the same set on the inside.

Well- there you have it. My first post for you- You Rock My World well because You Rock My World by taking the time to stop by.

I hope you enjoyed the card and I hope you will check back again soon.  If you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :) 

Be Safe
Shan Pin It

2 comments:

  1. you need a way for me to subscribe to you posts onto our google pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, You know I'm computer illiterate! It's amazing I've gotten this far. Help me out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan