Saturday, June 15, 2013

Sympathy Color Challenge / NAC #50

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Saturday! I hope you're having a great weekend. I spent the afternoon stamping with my stamping bestie, April. We were working on our Convention swaps. I'm so excited about them and can't wait to get them completed and ready for my first SU Convention.

Know what else I'm excited about? Getting my card made for this week's entry in the Nacho Average Challenge. It's the small things in life that make you happy and I have to say that every time I get my card done for the NAC challenges, I'm a happy girl. Last week I crashed on the couch and slept past time to get my entry in. :( Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post though to see what I created. Here's this week's entry-



Unfortunately, my co-worker lost a family member this week, so I was in need of a sympathy card. These are always so hard for me to do. I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. I think I will end up adding some small pearls to the flowers but I didn't have time to do that and get this post done in time. Here's a surprise fact for those of you that know me. I didn't use my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig when I did the sentiment.  Surprise, Surprise, Surprise! Once again, it's the small things in life. 

Here's what I was working with for the challenge-


Most of you know that I'm not a fan of color challenges but all things considered, I think I did ok with this one. I'm sure I will use this combination again later in the year come fall. In fact, I already have some ideas in mind.

Like I said earlier, I had a MAJOR FAIL and didn't get to enter last week's challenge. That really bummed me out because as soon as I saw the sketch, I knew what I wanted to do. That rarely happens for me. Hopefully my fabulous friends over at NAC will still be reading and will see what they inspired even though it's late. Here's the sketch-


And here's what I did with it-



My daughter's a HUGE Dr. Who fan and she even got me hooked. She turned 21 this week and I wanted to make her something special to commemorate the big day. I'll post more about this card later but let me just say she was ecstatic when she saw it (even though there's only 1 sun instead of 2).

Well that's all I have for you today. I hope you like them and I hope the fabulous ladies at NAC like them too! If you liked today's projects or have questions about them, I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a comment below. I love hearing from you and read all of your kind comments. They really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin them, I've put those buttons on my page for you. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love the clean and simple design on the first card. The 2nd card is just plain fun and makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan