Friday, August 16, 2013

It's My Blog-versary #2!

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Friday! I hope you're having a great day and you've had a great week too. :)

It's hard to believe it but two years ago I started my little blog. Wow! It's hard to believe it's only been 2 years. It seems like it's been so much longer, but at the same time I still remember sitting down at my kitchen table and writing this entry. As many of you know, I'm in the middle of packing up my house to move and I've sold that table. I'm kinda sad right now, because I'm thinking back on so many of the cards that were created at that table that have been featured here over the last 2 years. Hopefully it won't be long before I have a new studio and will be creating all sorts of new design memories.

In that first entry, I told you what a design Scaredy Cat I was, hence the blog name. Many of you that have followed along with me for any length of time know how much I hate to tear our beautiful paper, or distress. Goodness, even crumpling it all but gives me hives. So it seemed only fitting to share one of my convention cards with you for today's post. I know some of you will probably think it should be a "Birthday or Anniversary" card, but all things considered, I think this one really shows just how far I've come in the last 2 years, creatively speaking. Make sure you continue reading past today's card, I've got a little flashback for you. Some of you that are "Remarkables" may have already seen this on our team site, but I haven't posted it any where else. Here's today's card-

Ok, ignore the dirty grid paper. I thought I had that cropped out. 

Here's a little closer look-


Let's see- Distressed, Check. Crumpled, Check. Torn, Check. Heck, I even Stapled! Let's just say when I gave my team a sneak peek of this card, they could hardly believe I had made it! Guess what? It was the first swap I was out of. 

Wanna know a Secret? It turned out to be one of my all time favorite cards. Shhhhh- Don't tell anyone! It'll just be our little secret. I don't know how long it will take me until I'm able to put myself through all of that again. :) It may not be until Convention 2014.  

Here's a little flashback to the my blog's first card. What a difference 2 years can make-




Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed today's card and the little walk down Memory Lane. 

If you liked today's card or have questions about it, I'd love to hear from you. Your comments make my day! If If you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've put the buttons here for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too. :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more bout the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. Life is not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan