Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Hello Kitty Fun Fold / NAC #68

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday. Hope you're week is good so far. We have a New Color Challenge @ Nacho Average Challenge this week and I'm so glad you stopped by to check it out. You probably know by now that Color challenges are not my favorite. There's just too many options! I was really struggling with this combination. I had No Idea what I was going to make. :( Then I needed to make a Birthday Card for a co-worker. She's from China and guess who she loves? Too Easy...it's Hello Kitty. Then I just had to figure out how to make her. Pinterest and Google Images to the rescue. There were lots of different versions, but Lynn Pratt's inspired me the most. My sizes weren't coming out quite like hers but I'm sooo happy with how it turned out. Here's my card-

How cute is this!?!

Here's a close-up of my sweet, little kitty-

Dontcha just want to pick her up and
 put her in your pocket and carry her around?

I used our Gingham Garden Washi Tape for the bottom of her dress. For her shirt I used Whisper White c/s & lightly sponged it with Daffodil Delight before using our Perfect Polka Dots EF. It's so soft and sweet. I used Smoky Slate to sponge all the edges for shadowing. I used a Little Pool Party and  my Scalloped Circle punch for the sky background.

I'm sure you have figured out our Color Combo already but here's the chart-


This was the first time I had tried the Twisted Fold card. It was pretty easy, but here's two things I don't remember seeing or hearing anywhere- 1- It won't fit in a regular envelope. This is a good chance for you to use your Envelope Punch Board to make one. However, by the time I finished making the card it was midnight and I was just too tired to traipse back up the stairs to find some DSP. :(    2-  It's bulky and doesn't lay flat at all. It does stand pretty though. Hmmm trade-offs.

Here's the inside-




There's not a lot of room to write on the pull out card (Right side with the sentiment). I know this is a bonus for a lot of people but we have lots of people in our office so I put another panel on the Left side. The cutting of the panels gave me a little trouble and I had to cut it twice to get both panels. I'm sure that was my issue.  :) You can't really tell by the pictures but I used my 2-way Glue Pen and Dazzling Details on the frame around the sentiment. I also sponged all the edges and folds. Funny how I used to hate sponging and now there's hardly a card that doesn't have it. Gotta figure out how to do it in MDS. Hmmm- maybe with the torn edge tool. Maybe you'll see that on something soon.

Well that's all I have for you today. Oh, I'm happy to report that my friend was so excited by her card. She loves it and it sits on her desk where everyone can see it. I hope you liked it too! If you like today's card or have any questions about it, make sure you leave me a note below.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the Peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain. 

Be Safe-
Shan



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan