Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Hello Baby / NAC 114

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope you're having a good week so far and you remembered to set your clocks and didn't end up going into work a hour early. I sure do love seeing sunlight on my way in, but this whole getting dark early is for the birds!!!

Well, the Nachos have a color challenge for you this week and I'm super excited about it. Do you ever see a challenge and know exactly what you want to do with it? Well, I didn't know everything, exactly, but I had enough of an idea that my card was done in no time. Well, "no time" for me at least. Here's what I came up with-


Here's this week's challenge-



Sooooo, I had the idea, for the onesie, tie, hanger, ribbon staples, tag, layers, all of it! Till I went to get the ribbon and realized the DSP was Whisper White and Not Very Vanilla. AUGH!!! Well, I think with the staples and the darker tag it still turned out ok? What do you think? I'd love to know. :) I have to say I kinda did the happy dance when I "hung" the hanger from the ribbon. 


And check out the staples. They're colored!!! Did you know you can use our Blendabilities to color your staples to match your project. It's a quick and easy way to add a fun, pop of color.  I used to say I didn't get the whole "stapling" on a card, but when you can have cute, colored staples, why not? I know it's not the challenge colors, but it looks pretty good on the staples. Here's a closer look-

I used Coastal Cabana and Crumb Cake Blendabilities


Here's a look at the inside-


I had already colored and cut out the booties, initially thinking I would place them on the tag but there wasn't enough room. So I decided to "dangle" them from some bakers twine. I wonder how many of you remember growing up with your baby shoes dangling from your parents/grandparents rear-view mirrors. I can still remember seeing mine there. I knotted the ends of the Pool Party bakers twine behind the booties and used a half of a glue dot to hold it in place. The booties are held with dimensionals. Believe it or not, I'm pretty excited to say, I didn't use my S-A-M-J for either one of the sentiments. Many of you will find that hard to believe, but I was so surprised myself I thought I'd share. My daughter didn't even believe at first. :0

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed it and I hope it inspires you to play along. I can't wait to see what you create!

Here's a list of some of the products I used-
Something for Baby Clear Mount Bundle includes Baby's Firsts Framelets
Lullaby Designer Series Paper
Chalk Talk Framelets
Big Shot
Magnetic Platform
Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon
Coastal Cabana and Crumb Cake Blendabilities
Stampin Trimmer

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the universe. You are very appreciated!. Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe-
Shan



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan