Monday, May 14, 2012

MDS Monday- A Little "Spring" In My Afternoon

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, especially all of you Fabulous Moms.

I've been inspired by my team-mates to try and do a little more with my MDS. They've been doing such Amazing scrapbook layouts I thought I'd try my hand at it too. Since my go-to MDS site over at Utah Diva's didn't give a heads-up as to what this weeks challenge would be, I decided to do a scrapbook page.

I work in Washington, D.C. and every afternoon I walk to the commuter line for a ride-home. (We call it the slug-line. Pretty weird name huh? Basically it's called that because you're supposed to sit there like a "slug" and not make yourself noticed.) I've been noticing all the beautiful flowers along my afternoon walk and have been stopping to take pictures of them. I'm sure I look like such a tourist and that people are wondering why I'm taking pictures of the flowers in front of the buildings, especially since I'm using my stoopid BB. :) On top of that it's just sooo nice to be outside, especially after hearing the birds who nest under my window A.C. unit talking all day about how Spring is finally here. No, seriously...they chirp for 8 1/2 hours straight talking to God and Mother Nature about the weather. I can almost hear the things they're saying. When it's sunny, they chirp about how nice and beautiful it is out. When it rains, I swear their tone changes, you can hear them "yelling" about how wet and yucky it is out. All day, chirp, chirp, chirp. And then I go outside to head home and I get to see the bright, little bits of God's love all around us that they've been chatting about.

Here's today's MDS Project-

MDS Scrapbook Page
I used a base of Garden Green and then added one of the Photo Layout Templates that comes standard with our MDS Program. All I did was drop in my pictures and add mats and drop shadows to them. For the text boxes I added two mats to give my text a background. The hardest part was picking the pictures I wanted to use.

This is only the second scrapbook page I've done and the first one where I've used a template. What do you think? I like it except now I think the tulips look too bright and crisp compared to the other flowers. Maybe I'm just being too OCD and too critical? Overall though, I think I'm pretty happy with it.

Well, that's all I have for today. I hope you liked today's MDS offering and it inspires you to step out of your comfort zone and try something that you're not real comfortable with. If you liked my page, I'd love to hear from you. Friends and Followers are always welcome too. :)

I hope to see you back real soon. If you'd like to do some Digital Crafting and don't already own our Amazing MDS product, you can get a FREE 30 day trial and try it out. Just head over to my ONLINE STORE and get your FREE TRIAL. As fabulous as our program already is, we're getting an upgraded version later this year. If you purchase it now, you'll get an automatic upgrade to the new program. That's a $19.95 value for Free.

Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan