Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Christmas in July #2 - A Holiday Mini Preview

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy humpday! Just two more days to go until the weekend. Woo-Hoo! I've been working on some holiday cards for upcoming classes and have another one for you today. Since I'm planning on at least one Christmas Card class a month until Christmas, you can probably expect 1 card/project a week that's holiday themed.

Here's today's card-


This card is a little bit outside of my normal style. It feels a little "vintagy" to me, which is totally not me, but I'm happy with how it turned out and I showed it to a friend yesterday who really liked it as well. It features a sneak-peek of 4 new products that will be available August 1st. As a demonstrator, I'm lucky enough to get access to new products a month before they become available to the public. The embossing folder is new as well as the sentiment and the DSP. My Top-Note is cut from a piece of Baja Breeze cardstock and run through my Big-Shot with the new embossing folder. Isn't it pretty? The sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso and yes, I will admit to using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to make sure my sentiment was centered "just right" in the center of my embossed area. I sponged the top of the embossing and the edges lightly with Soft Suede. It really makes the embossed areas "pop". I used Dimensionals to elevate this layer. Below it is a piece of DSP from our new Festive DSP pack. Lots of really pretty DSP at a great price. Wait till you see them all, 4 pages of each design. :) This was topped off with a 1/2" strip of Crumb Cake that I ran through my Big Shot with the Petals-A-Plenty E.F. I thought it echoed the pattern in the DSP as well as reminding me of poinsettias. All of this is on an Early Espresso base.


Here's the inside-




Isn't this sentiment pretty? It reminds me of the lovely Hand Penned Sentiment set from last year's catalog. It's from the same sentiment set as the one from the front. See that pretty little ornament? It's also in the new catalog. Not only is there a beautiful stamp set with lots of fabulous ornaments in it, there's also a matching set of Framelets. You can even bundle them together and save a little money. You know what that means right? More money to spend on other new product. : D


Here's a closer look-




Ooooohhhh, Aaaaahhhhh. Come on, you know you're thinking it. I inked up my stamp with my Stampin Write Markers in Baja Breeze, Early Espresso and More Mustard and then let Tink have a little fun. It reminds of those hand-blown European glass ornaments. I'm even excited that it actually showed up all glittery in the picture. Yea! *Happy Dance*


Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked today's card and that it gets you just a little excited for the new Holiday Mini in just 13 days. If you liked it and would like to +1 or Pin it, I've put the buttons here on my blog for your convenience. I love hearing from you and read all of my comments. SO if you liked today's card and have a moment to drop me a line, it would make my day. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)


Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are so appreciated! I hope you'll come back soon. I still have this weeks End of the Week Technique for you and a MDS project.  Actually they're together, so it will be a two parter. :)


Till next time-


Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.


Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan