Monday, November 19, 2012

End of the Week Technique # 55 Quilting with Diagonal Score Plate

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! I hope your week is starting off fabulously and that you had a great weekend! I had this planned for last night, but I finished up too late. I've already got at least 2 items planned for this week. :) I'm still trying to figure out my time-management in order to get back to my 5 days/week posting. I really appreciate all of you for hanging in with me during this transition! Hugs to you all!!!!

Here's last week's End of the Week Technique, I hope you like it-

Quilted Card
I love the effect I got with this technique, almost like those quilted purses that so many of us would love to have. I used one of my new favorite colors, Midnight Muse, as the base. It's a one -layer card that is anything but simple. :) Hey April, Lookie! One Layer!!! Lol!

After making the quilted design with my Simply Scored Diagonal Plate I added Midnight use ink using the Direct to Paper technique. Here's a closer view-

Quilted Card featuring Direct to Paper Technique
You can see the variations in color that were obtained by using this technique. I lightly rubbed the ink pad directly onto the c/s (hence the name). This was the first time I had tried this technique and I have to say it is definitely Technique Driven. It took me two cards and 5 sides of paper to get it to where I was halfway happy. The trick, I think, is to lightly touch the paper and to not have any noticeable "start & stop" areas

I'm not quite sure that either of the techniques used on today's cards are really good techniques for someone as OCD as I am, especially the D-to-P. But, at least I tried them. You can try them and see how they work for you.

After my ink had dried I used the smallest pearls in our pack and applied them one at a time to the overlapping areas. My daughter said "You're Nuts!" I'm not sure she was too off on that one. :)

Here's the inside-

Inside of Card featuring
Blooming with Kindness set

Both the sentiment and image are from the same set, Blooming with Kindness. The floral image is also now available as a single stamp. I love the font used for the sentiments. It's so elegant.

Here's a close-up of the flower-




I inked my stamp first with Baja Breeze. To get the two-toned effect I used the Rock-n-Roll technique and rolled the edges of the stamp in Midnight Muse. Next, I took my Midnight Muse Stampin Write Marker and tapped the color randomly onto the center of the stamp. I used my Blender Pen to remove the color from the stem and used my Wild Wasabi Marker to color it in. I think this technique gives such a pretty effect. What do you think?

So for today's technique it's pretty easy (mostly). Here's what you'll need- Cardstock in the color of your choice, Simply Scored with the Diagonal Plate and color to add if desired. Sorry no pictures for this one. It's pretty self explanatory.

Here's what you'll do- Using your Simply Scored Tool with the Diagonal Plate score at your desired interval. I chose every inch. Once you've covered your c/s turn it 1/4 turn and score again. That's all. Easy-Peasy. Just make sure to hold your c/s securely so it doesn't move and make sure to be firm with your stylus so it doesn't jump the track on you. That happened to me a couple of times. I have to say the card looked pretty good just with the embossing. However if you want to step it up a notch add some color either by D-to-P or by sponging the color on. It will really make the embossed lines stand out even more. If you want to be really over the top, go ahead and add some embellishments too. It's your card, why not? Make it fab!

That's all I have for you today. I hope you liked it and I hope to see you back here soon. I can't wait to show you what I've been working on. If you liked today's card or have questions I hope you'll take a moment to leave me message below. I love hearing from you and read all of your comments, and they really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card, I've put those buttons on my boo for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon,

    WOW!!! This is GORGEOUS!!! I will definitely be trying this!!! I pinned your post today so others could see how fabulous this looks!

    Peace, Love & Joy,
    Joyce
    peaceloveandjoyce.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love this quilting technique--I need to try it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan