Sunday, December 9, 2012

Gently Falling & Inspiration

Pin It
Hey y'all. I hope you're having a great weekend. I had a few minutes earlier so I went into my craft room and made a card I'd been wanting to make for a while. I hope you like it. :)

Where do you find inspiration? Sometimes I find it in the most unlikely places. A few weeks ago I posted a card that was inspired by the evening sky as seen from my bathroom window. Today I have a card that was inspired by a print at my friend's (and team-mate) house. The print is in her powder room on the main level and even though I had seen it many times, for some reason it suddenly just hit me that I could make something similar and so I did. Here's what I came up with-




Here's my inspiration- (sorry about the poor lighting, the flash kept bouncing of the glass)

There's a funny story that goes with this. I took the picture and then showed it to my friend Brenda. I told her it was my new inspiration piece. She said "Wow! That's really pretty." We had a pretty good laugh when I told her I hoped she liked it since it was hers. LOL!

Here's a close-up. I used Gently Falling which is still one of my favorite sets-


I started with a base of Always Artichoke. Next I stamped a piece of Naturals White with the French Script background stamp in Crumb Cake. I used a post-it note to mask a 2 x 2 area and sponged Soft Suede around that. My leaf was stamped in Soft Suede on a 2 x 2 piece of Naturals White c/s and then the edges were heavily sponged. This pieces was adhered with Dimensionals to give a little additional dimension to the card.

Here's the inside-


I left it simple to go with the overall theme of the card. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes. I hope you like it and that it encourages you to find inspiration in the things that bring you joy in your everyday life. Sometimes I forget that it really is the small things that can bring a lot of joy. I was really happy that this turned out like I envisioned it.

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments If you liked today's card or have any questions about it, I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a comment below. If you'd like to +1 or Pin it, I've put those buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It;snot about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan