Friday, February 8, 2013

MDS Today -A Snowy Mt. Vernon & A Little Serendipity / MDSM6 / SMDS #11

Pin It
Hey y'all. How are ya? I hope you're doing good. I'm soooo sorry I haven't been around! To be honest, I fully expected to get lots of stamping and crafting done while I was home recuperating after my recent surgery. As we have seen from my recent blog activity, or rather the lack-there-of that was not the case. In fact, I am finding the need for at least 1 nap a day and some days two. My surgeon tells me this may last for another month or so. :( Don't get me wrong, I love naps, I just love taking them when I want to and not needing to take them. I also don't like, not having any energy to do the things I really love. It will get better, eventually. I'll hang in here if you will. :)

So, while the seemingly simple act of cutting card stock, stamping it and adding embellishments doesn't sound too taxing it somehow ends up becoming so. MDS to the rescue again. This at least, I can do while I'm sitting on the couch watching t.v.  I was recently talking with an old friend about a trip my daughter and I took to Mt. Vernon 8 years ago and it reminded me of the pretty pictures I took. When I saw this week's sketch over at MDSM I thought it would be a nice one to highlight a few of my pictures from that trip. I also used this week's challenge over at SMDS Challenges to use elements from only 1 digital kit on my page.

Here's this week's MDS page-



Here's the sketch I was working with-



I simply rotated the sketch and flipped the pictures. I used the Days to Remember Digital Kit. I don't normally use a lot of embellishments on my pages and I held true to that on this page as well. The sentiment and the numbers are embellishments and all of the DSP's are from the same kit. I didn't manage to use any stamps from the set, but I was still very happy with how this page turned out.

Want to know what I was even happier with? While I was trying to recolor the sentiment I accidentally changed the background color instead. You know what happened? Serendipity....A Happy Accident-


I think in a dark blue or grey frame this would be even more striking. I love how easy the align button made this page. :)

Well, that's all I have for you today. What do you think? I hope you like it and I hope the two design teams like it too. I hope it inspires you to try something new with your MDS, if not today, soon. If you liked today's project or have questions about it I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a comment in the space below. If you'd like to +1 it or Pin it, I've added those buttons to my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain. 

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love when 'accidents' happen :) I really like them both, but it's amazing what a simple change like background can do, isn't it? Thanks for sharing with us at MDS Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page, and it looks really fabulous with the white background! I really do love MDS for "lazy crafting", as I like to call it. Creativity without getting all the supplies out. Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page - I love how you flipped the sketch and those papers work perfectly with your photos. Thanks for playing along with us at MDS Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan