Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Bubble-y Happy Birthday / Nacho #56

Pin It
Hey y'all. I hope you're having a great week and I'm so glad you came by today. It's Tuesday and you know what that means, Yep- it's time for another Nacho Challenge! :) It's a color challenge this week. Many of you know by now, these terrify me! Soooo many options, but I have to say I'm soooo excited with how it turned out!!! Let's see what you think. Here's my card for this week's color challenge-

Happy Dance!!!!!

Here's the Color Palette we were working with for this week's challenge. Can you guess them from the card?


So, I have to say I wasn't too sure about this combo at first, but once I started looking at it, I got a fall kind-of feeling. I didn't want to be predictable though, go figure, so I had to find something else to do with these colors. It's been a while since I did a "New" technique on here so I figured it was time to throw a new one in. Remember a few weeks back when I couldn't find my brayer in all the packing chaos? Good News/Bad News- Good News I found my brayer/Bad News I couldn't find the dauber case that I needed for this week's technique. Luckily I found some extra sponge wedges and was able to continue on.

Can you tell what the technique is? I gave you a hint in the post-title. It's Bubble Wrap! Something I have plenty of. Luckily I was able to find some with the small bubbles. :) I randomly sponged the 3 colors on my piece of bubble wrap and then used it like it was a background stamp. I laid my Very Vanilla c/s on top of it and used my grid paper to smooth the back of the c/s into the bubble wrap. Here's what it looked like when I was done-



Do you see that area 4 bubbles from the left? Yep- Imperfection! ACK!!! Almost flipped it over and started again. I couldn't put something out there in Blog-landia that was that glaringly "messed-up"!!! Oh-No-Sirree.  However, I know that a lot of these techniques are not suppose to be pure perfection, so here's a surprise- I just went with it. As you can tell, I took some Early Espresso Bakers Twine and wrapped it around 3 times and it was just enough to cover my little oops. WHEW!!!!  My sentiment is from Label Love and our new coordinating label punch has an indention in the middle that was just right for mounting over this. Hmmm, this came together almost like it was supposed to be an oops. :)

You know I like pretty insides, so here you go-


The little present is from the Best of Birthday's set and the greeting is from Really Good Greetings, LOVE that set! I really am so excited with how this card turned out. It's a good thing no-one could hear the shrieking in my house or they might have wondered what was going on.

Well, that's all I have for you today, I hope you enjoyed today's card and I really hope it inspired you to try this fun new technique and to join us in this week's color challenge.  I can't wait to see what you come up with! If you have questions or comments about today's card, don't forget to leave me a message below so I can get back to you. Your comments make my day. :)

Thanks so much for taking time out your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass but Learning to Dance in the Rain.

Be Safe-
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan