Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Miss You Already / NAC #57

Pin It
Hey y'all, Happy Tuesday! I hope you're having a good start to your week. :) I love Tuesdays because that means it's time for another challenge with the Nacho Average Challenge team. Have you played along with us yet? This week we have another great sketch challenge and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Do you ever see a sketch and know exactly what you want to do with it? As soon as I saw this week's sketch I knew what I wanted to do, I just needed to figure out which stamp set I wanted to use. You know I always tell it like it is here in Bloglandia & I have to say I'm not quite convinced I'm super happy with how today's card turned out but sometimes that's how it goes. I love all the parts, I'm just not certain about how they all ended up. I think it's growing on me though. The truth is they can't all be favorites but I am glad I went with my original idea and tried it anyways. It wasn't that long ago that I wouldn't have strayed from the sketch. Here's today's card-


Here's this week's sketch-


It's hard to tell but I did  tone on tone stamping for the patterned portion and then added a strip of DSP. Unfortunately my tag covers most of it. :( I used one of our new PhotoPolymer sets called Wanderlust for some of the stamping here. Have you tried them yet? L.O.V.E,  L.O.V.E, L.O.V.E. them. I thought our clear mount stamps were great for my OCD, but these new stamps...WOW!!! Can you say exact placement? So Great! 

Here's a pic with the card opened. You can see the extra stamping better here-


I love these Z-Fold cards. They make a nice change from your standard card, have movement which is always fun and here's the Big Bonus- If you're like me and often have trouble figuring out what to write, there's limited writing space. :)  I'm also loving this new Chalk-Talk set of Framelets that makes lots of tags. Do you have this set yet? I used to hate trying to make tags and this makes it so easy. Throw in our Magnetic Plate and Woo-Hoo! 

What do you think about today's card? I hope it at least inspires you to try something different, isn't that the fun of creating, just playing and enjoying yourself? I hope you'll give this week's sketch a try, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan