Thursday, September 1, 2011

Christmas in September?

Pin It
Can you believe it's September already? Where has the summer gone? For that matter, where has the year gone?

Well, even though I am sad to see the summer go, I am excited to tell you that the Holiday Mini Catalog is out. Oh yes, it's Happy Dance time! It's really AMAZING! It has the new Simply Scored Scoring Tool I used on my gift card holder last week, it has beautiful new Designer Series Papers (I previewed the glitter one Monday on the ornament, did you see it?), it has a new Pewter Embossing Powder (so pretty), new quilted ribbons, new punches, new dies for your Big Shot and of course Fabulous new stamp sets in classic wood or my favorite the new Clear Block Option. WOW! I'm excited just reading about it all and I've had the preview and been playing with my stuff for nearly a month now.

Since this is the first day the catalog is available, I thought I'd show you something from it. I was so excited the day I came home and saw Mr. UPS had brought my Holiday supplies I sat right down and made this!



How Stinking Cute is this? Wouldn't you love to make a bunch of these for the folks in your office? So quick and easy and I can't help but say it again, so stinking cute!
I used Cherry Cobbler Cardstock scored and folded and ran it through my Big Shot using my new Holiday Stocking Die. I then took the front piece and ran it through my Big Shot using my Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder. After that I took my bone folder and curved the center out just a little so there was some dimension to my stocking and it wasn't just flat. I took some of the Red Glitter Dot Paper from the Holly Berry Bouquet DSP and ran it through on the Stocking Die to get the accent pieces. It's hard to see in the picture but the accent pieces even have "stitching" details on them, WOW! (Can I just say I love that the Glitter doesn't rub off!) I adhered them with Tombo to make sure they would really stay put and then I used Tombo to put the front and back pieces together. (You can use your Bone Folder inside from the top and gently press out and turn a little to make sure you keep any dimension you may have lost while you were putting your pieces together.)
Scaredy Cat Tip- Tombo is great to use in Humid areas. However, for those Scaredy Cats among us, (myself included) you really have to commit with Tombo because it sets up and it STICKS!!!!!

So I hope you liked my first Christmas post. I know I had fun making it and it was hard waiting to post it. It's just the right size for a candy cane, or would make a great GiftCard holder. There are so many other options for this too, cards and using fabric. I know this was just a first effort. What are you going to do with yours?

Supplies used for this post

124098 Bigz L Die Holiday Stocking
124004 Holly Berry Bouquet Designer Series Paper
119685 Cherry Cobbler Card Stock
120175 Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder

You can get all the supplies to make this project and more at my online store at ShansDesignStudio.stampinup.net You can also see the new catalog there.

I hope you liked today's card. If you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I hope you all have a safe Holiday weekend and get a chance to spend at least some of it stamping. See you next time.

Be Safe,
Shan


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan