Thursday, September 8, 2011

I Grabbed the Cat by the Tail and Shook Him. Hard!

Pin It
For those of you that don't know me (or haven't read many of my posts), some of my favorite things are...
Chocolate, the Ocean/Beach, Stamping (DUH!), spending time with my friends and family, cooking/baking, sports (especially football), and chocolate (you can never have too much chocolate, Double DUH!!!!), oh and don't forget Dave Matthews Band!
(Wow this sounds like an on-line dating ad LOL!)
Now if you could combine spending time with friends & family, at the beach while stamping and watching football with DMB for a live Pre-Game and Half-Time show and somewhere for me to cook/bake and eat lots of Chocolate well, I'd have to say that was darn near Nirvana....SIGH...but I digress...

Now some things I don't like...
Mean People (they suck), mayonnaise (my one true OCD long story sad but true), cold weather (temps below 72, I'm a Florida girl what can I say).
With regards to stamping my top dislikes would be- A DESPERATE Dislike for Poor Stamp Placement which has created a an almost OCD-type need for my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. Pure Anxiety over the phrase in stamp camp "Just Randomly Stamp" AUGH!!!!!! Random is NEVER Random! I can't do it! It stresses me out. Is there too much here, is there too little there, does it look random enough, does it look like a pattern? I'm getting palpitations just thinking about it! Breathe... and then there's the whole tearing the paper- tear it?!? Oh LAWDY! It's hard enough for me to sponge the edge and make it look old never mind flick it with color specks and make it look old and spotty. But do you know what my upline Robin had me do once in stamp camp? Crumple up our beautiful Designer Series Paper! I mean WAD It Up in a little ball like I was mad at it and gonna throw it away! I know! It hurt my feelings too!

I tell you these things, because they are definitely things that I need to not be a Scaredy Cat about (the stamping at least 'cuz the mayo that's just never gonna happen). And isn't that the point of this blog? Trying new things, experimenting, having fun?

Well, I had a card all planned out for today's post and this one isn't it. However, after I made this card I knew I couldn't wait to share it.

I came home from work yesterday and was so excited to see that Mr. UPS had come by and had left me a big box of Stampin' Up goodies. Don't you just love when he stops by!?! So, I unpacked everything, went to class, got home after 10 and knew I had to make a card. I knew exactly what I wanted, which is unusual for me, even down to the colors.
I call this a Q&E card Quick and Easy. Kind of like a Clean and Simple, maybe one step up. Here it is.

I used Island Indigo from the New In-Colors for the Card base. I took the stamp Sail Away and stamped it on Very Vanilla Card Stock and then, wait for it..., I tore it diagonally from the upper corner. GASP!!!! I KNOW! Then I took a sponge a sponged Crumb Cake along all the edges to antique it and to really show the edge that I had just torn. I then used my Tombow glue to adhere it to a piece of River Rock Cardstock. It was the only Khaki/Sandy colored paper I had. At first I was really wishing I had Crumb Cake or something else, but I really ended up liking the combination. You've seen the picture, so you know what I did next. Yep, I tore the River Rock layer too! Holy Cow! I tore two pieces of perfectly good cardstock! Goodness! I used the first piece as a guide, didn't think about it and just tore and then before I knew what had happened I had sponged that layer too. Well goodness if I didn't like the look. :) (TIP- Snail is fabulous but in humid weather or if you really want to make sure it sticks for a long time use Tombow) I Tombowed those
two pieces onto the base and then stamped my greeting which is from Petite Pairs. Do you have this set yet? It's a Must Have! Mix and Match Sentiments for most occasions. It's going to be a go to for sure!


I stamped the inside with a second part of a phrase from the Petite Pairs set and then stamped the anchor from the Open Seas in the bottom corner. I'm so excited they decided to keep this set. Not only is it beautiful but it's great for those masculine cards, which are often so hard to do.


I really surprised myself with this card, from concept to colors to finished product and am so happy with it. This Scaredy cat "Grabbed the Cat by the Tail and Shook Him. Hard" In fact, he was still so dizzy, I did even more today ... but that's another post for another day.

I hope you liked my card and my attempt at something new. I hope if you're a Scaredy Cat like me, you'll be inspired to try something new. Feel free to let me know what you thought. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)
Till next time,
Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan