Thursday, October 25, 2012

Watercolored Halloween Treat Bag / The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop Week #13

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Thursday! Just one more day until the weekend. Woo-Hoo! Hope your week is an Amazing one.

First off let me say thanks for bearing with me yesterday as I missed posting and simply joined Tuesday's card up to a new post. I had already planned to do that, but I had also planned on giving you a new post. For those of you that follow me, I had a family emergency yesterday and just wanted to give you an update. My daughter is almost 5 months pregnant and started throwing up & having right lower abdominal pain Tuesday night. After spending 10 hours in the E.R. getting 2 Ultra-sounds and another 2 hours on the ward awaiting an MRI we found out 3 things. 1- We're really thankful that her husbands in the military and she is receiving Military Medical Care, 2- She's having a baby girl, Tooey (Baby 2.0) is now Princess Tooey, and 3- She had appendicitis. So, after a very long day, she went to surgery at 5pm and I am happy to announce both of my princesses are doing well. I'm forgiven for not posting, right? :)

Here's what I had planned on posting. It's also a Blog Hop so make sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of this post to see everyone's creations and to join in the fun-



Halloween Treat Bag featuring
Watercolored and Brayered Greeting Card Kids Stamp Set.
I did this project for my September Team Swap. The bag itself is like this one that I did earlier this season. The focal panel though is CASE'd from the Fantabulous (why yes, that really is a word and the correct usage of it) Michelle Zindorf. I changed mine just a little to make it my own, but here's the original.  I started with a base of Lucky Limeade and made my sweet little bag. It's just the right size for a small gift or treat for someone special. The panel was adhered with Dimensionals and I used a piece of Ruffled Limeade Ribbon to hold it closed.

Here's a closer look-


Oh! How precious is she!?! I used my Blender Pens and Classic Ink Pads on Watercolor Paper to design this little darling. I then fussy cut and adhered her to my brayered and sponged background.

I used the flourishes from Everything Eleanor like the inspiration piece but changed the position a little and then added 3-D pumpkins instead of stamped ones-


I love making punch-are pumpkins this time of year. They're just so easy and so sweet.

Well, that's all I have for you for this post. Don't forget to scroll to the bottom to see all of the fabulous entries in this week's Great Pumpkin Blog Hop. It's the last week, so why not join us too! You can join by clicking on the link at the bottom of my post. Terry at Goin' Over The Edge has hosted us for 13 weeks now and it's been a blast! There's still time to join in and guess what? Terry's giving away a $50.00 Stampin' Up gift certificate to one of the entries from the 13 weeks. How Amazing is she!?! Pretty Darn, is my answer to that question. Anyways- make sure to check out all the fun and be sure to come back often to see the new entries.

I hope you liked today's project. I love hearing from you, so if you liked it or have any questions, I hope you'll leave me a message below. I read all of your comments and they really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's project, I've put the buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too!

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Please also Remember that October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month-
Love Does NOT Hurt!

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Love the soft colors and your coloring of the girl and her pumpkin! I'm so happy to hear your daughter and her bean are okay. What a relief.

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan