Thursday, October 18, 2012

Everything Eleanor For 2 Challenges / NAC #16 / TSSC #242

Pin It
Hey y'all. I hope you're having a great week. Just one more day till the weekend. Woo-Hoo! I'm sitting in the Dr's office, waiting to find out what we're doing about my poor sad feet. They're still hurting and here's something I never thought I'd say... I miss running! AUGH!

You know I have no love for Color Challenges but I do have Mad Love for the Nachos, not the food (ok, you got me, I have mad love for those too) but the team and their challenges. Nacho Average Challenge is a great site and they have challenges every week, alternating between sketch & color. Well, this week it's a color challenge and I thought it wouldn't be too hard for me.

I was Wrong!

Since I haven't missed one of their challenges yet, I wasn't going to be deterred. Here's what I came up with-

Thank You card featuring
Everything Eleanor
I'm not sure what I think about my results on this card. My daughter really liked it and said she thought the flower looked like a brooch. You'll have to let me know what you think.

Here's what I was working with-





I had a couple ideas of what I wanted to do with the colors but not how I wanted to do it so I went in search of a sketch to help me out. I found this one over at Mary Jo's site Techno Stamper-
I stuck pretty close to it.  I think my problem is it's just hard for me to do a C&S type card and even though this card has multiple layers it still has lots of open space. I don't know about you but I find my self feeling the need to just add more. AUGH! I started with a base of Bravo Burgundy (standard size). This is actually a really pretty color but I think the only other time I've used it was with another NAC color challenge. I think I need to use it more. :)  Next came my Sahara Sand (another underused color) layer and a Very Vanilla layer stamped with my En Francais Background Stamp in Sahara Sand. I love the combination of these two colors. 

You know how I said I just have to add more? Well I felt like I didn't have enough Garden Green which is why the center panels have it layered with S.S and V.V. layers. I stamped the flourishes in Garden Green on V.V. c/s and get ready for it...I stamped it without the use of my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. I know, it's hard to believe but I did it not once but twice. Yea me! The panel/medallion image was stamped in Sahara Sand and cut out by hand and adhered with Dimensionals. Because the panels were so high I used 2 stacked Dimensionals on the sides and 1 Dimensional at the Top and Bottom so the medallion is adhered evenly. Here's a closer image of the focal point-




See the flower. I stamped it in Bravo Burgundy twice and then fussy-cut it out. See the multiple colors on the flower? Are you thinking that I didn't stick to the color challenge when I colored the flower? I did. It's all done in shades of Bravo Burgundy Classic Ink and my Blender Pens. I really love the ability to get all the various shades from one color. I layered them with a Dimensional and let Tink add a little love and it was done. After I had completed the flowers I felt it needed just a little something extra so I went back and used my Bone Folder to curl the edges just slightly for even more dimension.

Here's a look at the inside-

Inside of Thank You Card featuring
Everything Eleanor and Blooming with Kindness Stamp Sets
Both the flower and the sentiment are stamped in B.B. The sentiment is from the Blooming with Kindness set and I love the font. Isn't it elegant and pretty? I let Tink add just a touch of Glitz to finish off the inside. I have to say I like the C&S inside of my card more than the outside.

So what do you think? I'd really love to know what you think of today's card. Is it too much? Well I hope you liked it and I hope the two D.T.'s like it too. 

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Please also Remember that October is National Domestic Violence Month-
Love Does NOT Hurt!

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love the popped up flower. Thanks for playing with the Nachos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Burgundy and Sahara Sand together. I have actually even added the Garden Green before--think it might be on the color coach?? I tried to find a sample but no luck--go figure. Anyway, I think you card is just beautiful. I love the color combo and I love all the little extras you added to make this such a special card. The script background is perfect. Awesome job, thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super nice card. Like all your details and dimension. Thanks for playing with the Nachos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very pretty! And elegant!! Great job with the colors! (I thought they were really hard this week!! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. You certainly recovered from being somewhat stumped by the color combo and nailed it! This is a keeper for me-
    TFS and playing in the Nacho Challenge-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Elegant!! Gorgeous!! Thanks for playing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shan, what a fabulous take on our color challenge. I love the sketch you combined with our challenge. Good luck! and thank you for playing along with us @ NAC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan