Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Wonderfall for 2 Challenges / NAC#18 & ISSC #39 /My Challenge #45

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope you are safe, and warm, and dry and not suffering any ill effects from Sandy. I was laid up, in bed, most of yesterday with a nasty migraine courtesy of that nasty FrankenSandy. Sorry I didn't get to post. I did get a few cards made today, late though it may be and hope you like what I have for you.

Tomorrow is my last day at my current job. I've been there a little more than a year and needed a card for a friend there. I didn't know exactly what I wanted to design so I decided to look for a challenge to help me out. This week's challenge over at Nacho Average Challenge is a color challenge. Color challenges are very difficult for me so I often try to combine them with a sketch challenge. I combined the color challenge over at NAC with the sketch challenge at I Spy to come up with today's card. Here's what I came up with-



Card featuring Waterfall Stamp Set and
Autumn Accents Bigz Die
I started with a base of Soft Suede and added a layer of Naturals White c/s. I stamped 3 of the images from the Wonderfall set, using the colors from the NAC Challenge. Here's what I was working with-


and here's the sketch challenge from I Spy-




 I've been thinking of making a fall wreath like the holiday one on the cover of the new Holiday Catalog. So I decided to try my hand by starting with a single leaf. I cut out 4 leaves with the Autumn Accents Bigz Die and then stamped the matching image from the Wonderfall set in Summer Starfruit.



I used my Simply Scored Tool to score down the center of each leaf. All leaves were sponged in Soft Suede around the edges and then the score-lines were re-enforced. I used Tombow to adhere all the leaves together creating the 3D leaf for my focal point. I tied a knot around my finger with the Summer Starfruit stitched ribbon and attached it to the card with SNAIL. I then snipped the ribbon to form the knot you see. This is such an easy way to create knots. I make mine while the ribbon is still on the spool to help save on ribbon. My leaf was attached to the card with Dimensionals. This will definitely need extra postage if you're planning on sending it through the mail.

Here's a look at the inside-


Inside of card featuring Wonderfall Stamp Set,
Autumn Accents Bigz Die and Friendly Phrases Stamp Set

I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede and then stamped my leaf image twice. My acorn was cut out with the Bigz Die and then inked with the coordinating image. In order to get the two toned stamped image I inked my stamp and stamped it off once so that the top could be a lighter color. I then re-inked the bottom portion with my Classic Ink Pad, huffed on it and then stamped it giving me the two-toned look. I then sponged around the edges and adhered it to my c/s with Tombow.

Here's a look at the card and coordinating envelope-



Well, that's all I have for you today I hope you liked it and I hope the DT's over at NAC & ISpy liked it too. I love hearing from you so if you liked today's card or if you have questions about it, I hope you'll take a moment to leave me a message below. I read all of them and they really do make my day. If you'd like to +1 or Pin it, I've put those buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till Next Time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Please also Remember that October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month-
Love Does NOT Hurt!

Be Safe-
Shan


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Wow! you're early this week! I love this card!! it's so pretty! I'm sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a tendency to use a sketch challenge with a color challenge! Love the background leaves and the 3D leaf is fabulous! Thanks for p,aging at I Spy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I like that you share the inside of the card as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful autumn card! and I love how you created the 3-D leaf for your main focus. Very clever. Thank you for playing along with us @ NAC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan