Friday, October 5, 2012

Kindness Matters Shadow-Box Card / NAC #14

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Friday! Are you ready for the Long Holiday Weekend? I know I am. Gonna get some stamping done for some upcoming Craft Fairs. I haven't done any before, so I'm excited. :)

Today's card is one I did for Nacho Average Challenge. Have you been to their site yet? You should definitely check them out, but after you finish here. They have weekly challenges and alternate between Color Challenges and Sketch Challenges. You know I love the sketch challenges but the color challenges are definitely not my favorite. Not that they pick bad combo's, no it's totally that I just get so overwhelmed with all the possibilities  This one came to me pretty quick though and I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Here's today's card-

Shadow-Box Card featuring
Kindness Matters Stamp Set
This was the first time I made this type of card and it was so quick and easy. One of the best parts...It lies flat and will fit in a standard envelope. Score!

Here's the challenge I was working with-


Such a pretty combination, don't you think?

Here's a closer look at my card-


I used Early Espresso and Very Vanilla for my base. I used my Simply Scored Tool to create my score lines first and re-enforced all the lines. Next I centered my framelet from the Apothecary Accents Framelet set in the middle of my E.E. c/s and ran it through my Big Shot with the Fancy Fan E.F. I did it in this order for two reasons. 1- So I wouldn't flattened out the embossed design when I did my scoring and 2- So I could align the center of the embossing folder with the center of my cut-out. You can see how nicely that turned out in this picture. I lined up my two pieces of c/s and lightly marked the middle and center of the V.V. c/s by drawing small tic-marks through the E.E. cut-out. I was able to then use these marks as a guideline to stamp my image. No, I didn't use my SAMJ and yes, I realize I should have because it's just slightly above center. However, it's so slight I don't think many people would notice or care. But the OCD in me will ensure it doesn't happen again. :)
The image is stamped in E.E. and then I used my Blender Pen to color in the butterflies using So Saffron and Pretty in Pink Classic Ink Pads. A little Two-Way Glue Pen and some love from Tink and I have some beautiful, sparkly, friends. The shadow-box is closed with two strips of Sticky-Strip. I wanted to add a sentiment so I stamped one from the same set in E.E. on a scrap of V.V. c/s and then used my Bitty Banners Framelets to cut it out. It's adhered with 2 Mini-Glue Dots on the left hand portion. This allows it to "flow" off the card when it's opened up. You can use the back of the V.V. c/s to hand-write your note.

I took the first two pictures at an angle on an easel so I thought I would try one more sitting flat, like it would be on a desk or shelf-


This really did come together so quickly that I'm thinking of making some more, maybe a little taller and trying different framelets to make the windows.

That's all I have for you today. I hope you liked it and I hope those Fabulous ladies over at NAC like it too. Love, Love, L.O.V.E. playing along with them each week. If you liked today's card or have questions about it, I hope you'll leave me a message below. I love hearing from you and read them all. They really do make my day. If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card I've put the  buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! I hope you have an Safe and Fun Holiday weekend filled with lots of time for Family, friends and of course time for Creativity. Come back and see me soon, won't you please? Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain. 

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Great job! Love the shadow card and the way you used the colors! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great diorama or shadow box card. Love the sparkly butterflies. Thanks for sharing with the Nachos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card. Like the shape you used. Thanks for playing with the Nachos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, what a FABULOUS card you created for our challenge, here @ NAC. First, you used one of my favorite stamp sets. I'm a fan of butterflies and your's are colored beautifully, and they sparkle! second, I'm a fan of the shadow box card! You did a wonderful job with the EF! the card is seamless and simply gorgeous! thank you so much for joining us this week, and playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan