Thursday, June 14, 2012

MDS Monday- A CASE of Myself

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Thursday! Just one more day till the weekend. Woo-Hoo!

In case you're wondering, "Yes", I am aware that this is not Monday, but MDS Thursday just doesn't have the same ring to it. :) I had a busy weekend, last weekend, and didn't get to do anything with my MDS. Since I told you guys on Monday that I would try and get something put together, here it is. I figure late is better than nothing, right?

The challenge over at Utah Divas International was to do something "graduation" related. I decided to CASE myself. Here's what I came up with-

MDS Graduation Card

I thought I had the same stamp set I originally used in MDS, but I didn't. I did however have "Define Your Life" and I figured I could work with that. I really L.O.V.E. how using the drop shadow feature really gives the impression of a real paper card and not just a picture on the computer. So realistic! Know what else I love? The ability to change the sizes of everything. For my tassels, I used the white Grosgrain ribbon that comes with the program. Normally it fits all the way across the card and then some. I just kept decreasing the size until I got it where I wanted it. I added two to each cap because I wanted the impression of of movement. I have to say I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. Usually, I test something out on MDS and then make it instead of making it and then trying to convert it.

Here's my inspiration piece (and the link) in case you didn't see it the first time around-



I just realized I had red and white tassels on the original card. Darn it! Oh well, it was the starting off point. :)

Here's the inside-


I really liked the arrow I put in my inspiration piece because I embossed it, cut it out, and raised it up with dimensionals. I had planned on doing that, with this card, until I found out I didn't have the right stamp set. I still liked the idea of it though, so I punched and filled an arrow, increased the size so it could be a background image, added the text and then lightened the opacity so my sentiment could be read over it. The sentiment is one I wrote just to tie the front and inside together. I just realized I could have put a cap inside as well. :( My only excuse is, that I was doing this at around 11pm last night, as I was waiting for my laundry to finish, and I was tired. Maybe I'll try adding it and see how it looks. I'm pretty happy with it overall though, so who knows.

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you thought it was worth the wait. :) Your comments make my day, so if you liked it or have any feedback about today's project I'd love to hear from you! Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today. I hope you have an Amazing day and that you come back real soon to see what else I have in-store for you.

Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan