Monday, June 25, 2012

MDS Monday - A Wedding Card

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was fabulous except for a little hitch Saturday afternoon. Our team meeting was a blast and I'll have my swap from the meeting to show you a little bit later on. Saturday evening I sat down and worked on some cards and a few more yesterday. I even ran for 45 minutes yesterday. Yea Shan! Ok so my run is not a lot faster than my walk, but it still counts right!?! I even got my MDS Monday project up and ready for you in time, although I have a challenge card I almost put up first. LOL! This is why I don't like to designate days for things like MDS, C&S, End of the Week Technique etc. I feel like a failure when they don't get posted correctly. *SMH* :)

This weeks challenge over at Utah Diva's International was to do something for the newlyweds. Here's my card-

MDS Wedding Cake Card

Ok so the critic in me is just now noticing the center pieces are not centered top to bottom and I totally forgot to add my Blushing Bride pleated ribbon. AUGH! Will have to try and address that at home. I didn't have any "wedding " downloads so I decided to try & create one. I thought I'd make a cake. Somebody please tell me they realize that's where I was going. Anybody!?!

Colors used were Basic Grey for the base, Whisper White, and Blushing Bride for the bottom layers. For the cake I used the Rounded Square Punch and filled with Basic Grey, lightened up, and Pink Pirouette. I used the Baroque Motif flourish in Raspberry Ripple and Whisper White to create the designs on the cake. For the top layer I flipped the flourish, and for the bottom layer I stamped two and mirror imaged one. I think it made a really cool image where they meet in the center, don't you? I slid the top two layers down just enough to hide the rounded edges so it looked like another layer sitting on top of the lower layer.


***Tip*** When you lighten the opacity of something you have layered, you will begin to see the lower image through the first one. To keep that from happening, copy that layer, color it white and move it behind the layer you want showing. This way the only thing showing through when you lighten is white space and not your lower layer. Depending on how many layers you may have to send it back a few times. (Hope this helps)

Because you know I like to do the insides even for MDS Monday's, here's the inside-



Since I didn't have any wedding images (and let me tell you I was not going to try and recreate that cake from the front) I added two sentiments from different sets. The top sentiment is from the same set as the front and is done in Raspberry Ripple. The bottom one is from Once Upon A Time and is stamped in Primrose Petals. I like how it turned out.

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked it and I hope it inspires you to think out of the box and try something new. You might just surprise yourself with what you come up with. Each element of today's card was created with elements that are a part of the MDS initial pack, except for the In-Colors and those are free updates. :) If you'd like to try My Digital Studio you can get a free 30 day trial. Just check out my website.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Don't forget to check back soon to see what I've been creating for you. Your comments make my day, so I  hope you'll take just a minute to let me know what you think. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan