Friday, June 22, 2012

An Unlikely Inspiration & a C&S Card

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Friday!!! :) How's your day going? Mine started off Amazing before I even left home, then I got to work and found out I had made the Stamping Showcase over at Stamping 411. Wow! Great way to end the week. Now if I can just get those 13 swaps made tonight, then life will be really fab! Lol :)

Question for you... Where do you find your inspiration? Some people like my stamping buddy Michelle Suit has said she'll see something when she's out and be inspired to go home and try and re-create it. My upline team-leader Robin Merriman sometimes takes cards from magazines and re-creates them with all SU product (Hey Robin, btw's...we all miss seeing these every week), some others say "it just came to me" (boy, I wish I was one of those people!). I try to stay open minded and see what presents its-self, but I'm afraid it doesn't happen as often as I'd like. I do however think it's funny, that I now see colors and think of them in comparison to SU colors. That's happened with today's card. I initially thought I'd find something to do with the color combination and then my new favorite stamp set came out and "BAM!", (why yes, I did just do an Emeril) I knew just what I needed to do.

Here's today's card-

C&S Betsy's Blossom Card
I know, I know....Another Betsy's Blossom card. But this set is just so stinking easy and pretty and fun. Plus when you see the inspiration, you'll know why I had to use it! Here's a first, two actually- This is the first time I've done a card with Melon Mambo. I don't mean a card-base, I mean the first time I've cut the paper at all. It's also the first time the stamp pad had ever been used. If you look closely you'll see I did a little tone-on-tone stamping with Melon Mambo ink on the c/s. Why, have I resisted this color? So pretty! I also used Rich RazzleBerry, Regal Rose and Rose Red for my large blossoms and Pretty in Pink and Pink Pirouette for the smaller flowers.WOW! Is this a Pink card or what!?! I inked up part of the sentiment from Friendly Phrase is Melon Mambo with my Stampin Write Marker and stamped it on a scrap of Whisper White c/s. I punched it out with my oval punch, sponged the edges and then mounted it on a piece of Melon Mambo c/s, punched with my Scalloped Oval Punch. This was elevated with Dimensionals.

Are you ready for the inspiration piece? Wait for it....Wait for it.... You're not going to believe it...


That's right! It's my over-the-door ironing board cover. Can you believe it. Tell me those don't look like Betsy's Big Blossom and I'll tell you  that you need an eye exam! And just look at the colors...How could I not make today's card? LOL! It took me so long to make it because, I hate ironing so I don't see the inspiration very often. HAHAHA! I'm kind of a wash and wear kind of girl.

Here's a closeup of the flower-


Ok, so it's probably more of a "Quick and Easy" kind of card than a C&S, but tomatoes, tomatoes. Not really a way to make that saying look like you want it to sound without spelling one of the wrong. *SMH* So I used my Large Scallop Circle Punch to punch a piece of Melon Mambo out and then cut each one of the scallops so it would  flare a little more. I then inked up my stamp with Pretty in Pink and "tap-danced" my Melon Mambo marker all over it and stamped on a scrap of Whisper White c/s. Isn't that a pretty effect? I did this twice. I then punched one out with my Large Scallop Circle Punch, and one with my smaller Scallop Circle Punch. I curled the edges of all 3 layer with my bone-folder for depth. All three flowers were adhered to each other with Tombow. I decided it needed just a little something extra so I added a Rich RazzleBerry button to the center with a Mini-Glue Dot. It's not the same color as the flower, but I thought it looked pretty anyways. I got 2 whole containers of these Bright Buttons for FREE, during Sale-A-Bration.

Here's the inside-


I stamped the rest of the sentiment from the front and then added my two flowers. Do you ever split your sentiments like that? I do it a lot. I think it's an easy way to get a little more bang for your buck. I inked up just the center portion of the medium flower with my Stampin Write Marker and stamped it in the center of the big blossom for a different look.

So what do you think? I love it! (Even though it's so pink) I think it's bright and cheery and I think it will bring a smile to someone's face one of these days. It doesn't get much better than that. I hope you like it and I hope it inspires you to take something ordinary as your inspiration and turn it in to something that makes you, and hopefully others, smile.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I love hearing from you. Your comments always make my day so feel free to let me know what you think. If you'd like to +1 or Pin this, I've put the buttons on my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome as well.

I hope you have an Amazing weekend, filled with lots of time for Family, Friends and of course Creativity. Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan