Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Delightful Q&E Holiday Card and Pictures From This Weekend

Pin It
Hey y'all! Well we survived another Monday and  Tuesday is starting unseasonably warm here in the DMV ahead of a cold front and the threat of the white stuff tomorrow night. :-( I am not happy about that at all! You know what I am happy about? Today's card, and pictures!

We had so much fun on Saturday! Can I just tell you what a joy it was to see those ladies so excited about stamping and creating! WOW!!!!! They were AMAZING! Here's D with her cards at the end of the afternoon.


Didn't she do a Great job?!?

Here's J's  cards. (She didn't have her "face on" so she wouldn't get in the pic.)


She did a Great job too!

They both picked it right up and were so creative, adding their own touches to their cards, not at all Scaredy Cats, like yours truly. I was soooo proud! They were sooo cute! My friend and team-member April was over helping me out Saturday and we had mentioned CASE'ing and at one point one of the ladies saw something someone else did that they liked and they said "I'm gonna CASE that" We were like proud little momma hens!

Today's card is another one we did on Saturday. It's a CASE from my team member Stephanie Finch from last year. It's a super quick & easy card and it was the first one we did this weekend and the girls knew they were going to be able to handle everything after this.


I love the non-traditional colors, and paper. I started with a base of Poppy Parade. I L-O-V-E this color! So sad it's only around for another 6 months. I hope it will make it into the regular color rotation, it's so beautiful! I used the striped layer from Just Add Cake because it reminded me of the DSP from Candy Cane Christmas last year, which I absolutely loved!

Since you shouldn't punch through two layers of cardstock with our punches this is where my OCD comes in handy. You knew there had to be a use to it besides a reason to laugh at me right? Well here it is. (At least one reason, anyway) I used my Ornament punch to punch out a piece from the DSP, and then laid my DSP down on my base piece and using a pencil lightly traced the outline of the cutout. Now I knew exactly where to place my punch to cut out my base piece. OOOOHHHHH..... AAAAHHHHHHH. Worth the price of admission right there, huh?

Next, take one of the small background stamps from Delightful Decorations and randomly stamp (I know, I said random) with Poppy Parade. I used the snow flake pattern. Then adhere your DSP to your card base, I used Tombow for mine, they will line up just right for you, so nice. Now, once again lightly trace inside the punched out area, you'll need this later.

Next, I chose a stamp from the Delightful Decorations set and inked it up in Poppy Parade and stamped it on Whisper White cardstock and then punched it out using my Ornament Punch. I decorated it with my Two-Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds and adhered it to my outlined area on the inside of my card with Tombow.



A simple sentiment from Four for the Holidays in Basic Black and this card was done. My ladies this weekend did their sentiments on a Whisper White cardstock as a banner and it looked great like that too. Like I said, Quick and Easy aided by my OCD, who woulda thunk it?

Here's a few more pics of my studio assistants helping out this weekend. Yesterday I showed you Bitty trying to help out. Here's some pics of Deucey. Sunday night I was trying to take pictures of all the cards so I could upload them and I put my "Light Box" down on the table, the key work there being "box". Well, Bitty is not the only one that likes a box. The problem is Deucey forgets he is a 16+ lb Maine Coon who is over 3 ft tall....

I'll just curl up here in the box



Somehow he just doesn't quite fit! He just doesn't get it though. My poor sweet boy....


Hey Ma'am, I'm in the box. See me.... :)

He's my sweet Guard Kitty. He thinks he's a Dog! I kid you not! And, he can open all the doors in the house. My sweet boy!

Well, that's all I have for you today. Come back tomorrow, I'll have more to show you.
Today's Supplies-
Cardstock- Poppy Parade, Whisper White Just Add Cake DSP
Ink- Basic Black Classic Ink, Poppy Parade
Stamps- Delightful Decorations, Four For The Holidays
Ornament Punch
Accesories- Two-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds,

If you need supplies to make todays card or cards like it you can shop in my ONLINE STORE 24/7.

I hope you liked today's card. If you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :) Thanks for stopping by today and I hope to see you again soon!

Till then,

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan