Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sharing Some Birthday Joy

Pin It
Hey y'all. I hope you're having a good day! Our rain moved out overnight (thankfully, the slushy white stuff left with it) however, you know what pushed it out of the way? A lot of cold windy air! :-( Yep, it's about 20 degrees colder today, had to get out the down knee length jacket again. Thank goodness it's teal, because if it was white I'd either look like the abominable snowman or a huge marshmallow on legs! Hopefully you're warm and dry and gearing up for the weekend.

First things first though... I just wanted to say a Big Thanks to everyone who has taken time out of their busy day to stop by here and spend a few minutes. I went over 1,000 page visits yesterday which is Amazing to me. When I started this mid-August of this year I had NO expectations of hitting 1000 in less than 4 months. In fact, I couldn't imagine hitting that in the first 6 months or year, but am so thankful to you all for helping me to reach this point so quickly! Hopefully, you'll continue to come back and we'll hit the next milestone soon too!

I don't have anything original of my own today to show you, but I wanted to tell you how Stampin' Up helped make my Birthday extra special this year.

First off- You've heard me talk about my friend and teammate, April, here before.  I first met her at a monthly "Stampin at the Firehouse" event my upline Robin holds. She's so sweet! Then she became one of our team members and now she's a friend and I couldn't be happier. We're friends and stamping buddies as well as "Scaredy Cats", but we're working on the Scaredy Cat part together. She is an Amazing Stamper and I love not only stamping with her but swapping cards with her. How excited was I when I got a Birthday Card from her in the mail? "So Excited!" would be the answer! Here's what she made just for me-


I love the style! I've never had one like this before, I'm definitely going to CASE this style! Here's how it opens up-


How sweet is she? This made my day!!!!! I keep trying to convince her to do a blog & start out like I did with just a post or two a week because she does such Amazing work. Don't you think that would be a good idea?

Another thing that S.U. did was introduce me to lots of new people and not only do I have a great first upline (Robin Merriman ,who I love more than Rainbows and Glitter & you know that's a LOT!!!), but my uplines above that are pretty amazing too! I am a downline in Remarkable Stampers (Jan Wakeland Rocks!) and Proverbial Stampers (Connie Heisey) too. Last month there were two events on one day, one here in my backyard and one over 2 1/2 hours away. I went to the one here locally and had a blast! The other had a "long-distance" option which I sent a request for, but I didn't hear anything back regarding payments or anything so, truthfully I just figured I must have been too late or she must have been too busy getting ready to respond. I saw the team e-mail showing all the neat stuff they got to make and do, and the neat gifts Connie had made for everyone. It looked like they had a blast, but truthfully I had forgotten about the whole "long-distance" thing since I had never done anything like that before.

Well, I came home last Friday night after the second job tired but needing to get ready for Saturday's stampcamp and saw that Mr. UPS had been by with my supplies. Surprisingly, Mr. Postman had also made a delivery and had left a box on my doorstop. As it was two days before my birthday, I'm thinking "Awwww, someone sent me a birthday present!" Well, they did and it was Connie! It was my "long-distance" package that I had forgotten about. I couldn't believe all the Cool Stuff! Lookie what I got!


How pretty is this? She made them for everyone that came. They're Simply Adorned Charms with our initials and a little flower and a pearl. It has the Victorian Lace Ribbon on it and a lobster claw clasp which I used to attach it to my own necklace. It was packaged with a little blue ribbon. I wore it Saturday for my stampcamp. So Sweet!

Next up- This Advent Calendar made with the new stamp set and Peekaboo punch-


Next- Three pretty cards-


Next- Look at this Christmas Album-


And here's the inside-


And lastly look at this cool little Post-It Note Holder-


 How Cute is this? Here's the inside-



This is such a cute and do-able idea. I Love It!

Can you believe all this cool stuff just showed up on my doorstep for being part of a team and just living more than 2 1/2 hours away? WOW! They did even more and got even more at the actual event and went to  dinner in a limo! See how S.U. helped make my Birthday even better? None of this would have happened without S.U. Cool, Huh? If you'd like to join and meet great new friends and get to go to fun events, or have fun events arrive at your doorstep, let me know. I'll be glad to help you out!

Well, that's all I have for today. I hope you enjoyed my pictures and maybe something here will inspire you  during your creative time.

Not sure if I'll be here tomorrow. I have the day off but it's kinda packed. How does that happen? You take a day off from work and it ends up busier than a work day! Actually I'm gonna start out by sleeping in, but then it's mostly a Shan day. Gonna finalize everything for Saturday's stampcamp then lunch with my sis, followed by a haircut and style, a mani/pedi and then getting ready for a Holiday party for a group of some of my all-time favorite people. It's gonna be a good day.

If I don't see you back here tomorrow, I hope you have an Amazing weekend filled with friends, family, fun and of course plenty of time for designing and crafting.

I hope to see you back here soon,
Till then,

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan