Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Sneak Peak an Ooops and A Smile

Pin It
Hey y'all! I hope you're having a good day wherever you are and that you are warm and dry and as stress-free as can be at this time of the year. It's a dreary morning here in the DMV but at least it's relatively warm. :-) We're expecting rain off and on today, but at least it's not the white stuff right?

Well I have a bright, cheery card to show you today. It makes me smile when I look at it, and hey, isn't that the point? I have to say this card didn't make me smile to start with though! Have you ever had one of those cards where you know what you want it and it just won't work? Never happens to me! HA!!!!!! Yeah, well you know I'm still pretty new here, so I thought I would step out of my comfort zone and try something new...What an OOOPS! (and not in the the good way) Ok, if I'm honest it was a fail Big Fail! I wish I had more stuff on my MDS and could have tried out there what I wanted to do. Oh well, you live and you learn, and then you save up to buy more MDS downloads and more SAB paper. SMH! The only things that stayed the same were the color palate and the stamp set. However, on the positive side, if that hadn't been such a fail, I might not have made this card which I really like. What do you think?



It's a little Sneak Peek from our upcoming Sale-A-Bration that starts Jan. 24th. I started with a base of Poppy Parade, which is one of my absolute favorite colors. It's so pretty! I layered it with a pretty floral patterned paper from the SAB DSP called Everyday Elegance. They are all slightly "Vintagey looking" around the edges so when I cut my DSP I heavily sponged the edges all around to kind of even them up. Of course this meant my Very Vanilla layer needed the same treatment so I sponged it by rubbing Crumb Cake ink in a circular pattern all over the  edges starting off the paper. I think it gives it a well-loved feeling. I adhered these top two layers together with Tombow.

My flowers are from our new Sale-A-Bration set Sprinkled Expressions. I colored the stamp in with my Pretty in Pink Stampin Write Marker and then using the Rock and Roll technique colored the edges with Poppy Parade and then stamped onto Very Vanilla cardstock. I love how just like real flowers this technique makes each one come out unique. A little love from Tink on the outer edges and the inner white flowers and they were ready to be placed on the card. A few dimensionals for each flower gives them just an added little punch.

Isn't that ribbon pretty? I don't use ribbon often. Not because I don't like it. I do! I just don't have much. I got this for free. Free is good right?!? It's so shimmery and delicate... just like me. O. M. Gheeeeeee! I'm almost on the floor laughing right now! I'm so not shimmery or delicate! If you knew me you would be so surprised that there is so much glitter on my cards. (That explains why I let Tink live with me rent free!)

Where was I? I laughed so hard I lost my train of thought! Oh yeah,  pretty, free, ribbon. This ribbon is Lucky Limeaide and it comes in a pack with some shimmery, sheer Calypso Coral and the cutest little brad pack. You can't buy it, but SU will give it to you for free starting in Jan. How sweet is that? Anyways, I just wrapped the ends around the back of my top two layers and stuck it down with SNAIL and then stuck my sweet little bow on with a Mini- Glue Dot. Then I adhered this whole layer with Tombow and my card-front was done.

Here's a look at the inside-



The sentiment is from The Sprinkled Expressions set and I just love it! I stamped it in Poppy Parade on Very Vanilla that I antiqued like I did on the front of the card. For the flower at the bottom, I just inked the stamp up in Poppy Parade and stamped off once before stamping  on my cardstock. Tink finished it off for me and my card that started off in a totally different direction ended up at the same desired endpoint, making me smile. I hope it makes you smile too. (Sorry about the lines in the picture. For some reason I sometimes get those when I take pictures with my BB and use my Ott light. I get truer color but that sometimes happens. If anyone has any ideas how to avoid that I would welcome the tips.)

Card Recipe-
Cardstock- Poppy Parade, Very vanilla, SAB Everyday Elegance
Stamp- Sprinkled Expressions
Ink- Poppy Parade, Crumb Cake Classic Ink Pads- Pretty in Pink Stampin Write Marker
Accessories- SAB Lucky Limeaide Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, Tombow, Two- Way Glue Pen, Mini- Glue Dots, Stampin Dimensionals

If you need supplies to make your Ooops cards with, or even just Fabulous first attempts, you can shop HERE 24/7.

That's all I have for today. I hope you're inspired to try something new and to remember- If at first you don't succeed (you can either flip to the other side of the paper, use it for another project later, or at the very least scraps) don't give up. You might just come up with something you like even better than your original idea.

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I hope you'll come back tomorrow. I have a very special card for this week's End of the Week Technique.
Till next time-

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan