Monday, December 5, 2011

A Wintry Holiday card

Pin It
Hey y'all! Hope your Monday is is a good one. Sorry I'm a little late getting started today, but here we go.
I hope you had a great weekend and got to spend some quality time with friends and family and of course in your design space. More to come later this week about my stampcamp. Let me just tell you though, I am still laughing about the bow fight, yes I thought the cousins were just about going to come to blows over bows. Try saying three times fast! Oh my goodness. And, if you think I'm a perfectionist, and let's face it I am and I know it and since I've told you all I can't remember how many times how OCD I am wait till I tell you I have a new protege who may outshine even me. Yes indeed.

Well, it is Monday, so you know what time it is, that's right weekend football recap. I am currently mourning the imminent demise of the collegiate football season. Bowl Season is upon us, and then in only a  months time no more college ball, and only 1 short month after that no more NFL! Now I know many of you will rejoice that you will not have to skip over a paragraph of game scores but I will have to go through withdraw. Not a pretty sight, I assure you of this! Sympathy card will be accepted.
At any rate here they are- #1 LSU stomped #13 Ga's hiney! (Yes I wrote hiney, I never know who might stumble upon this) Really! Who came up with this pairing? Did anyone really anticipate a different outcome? The good news is that now LSU and ALA will compete against each other for the Bowl Championship. That game should at least be watchable.
NFL wise- The Dolphins won huge over the Raiders. They are really doing good lately. I have to say I'm kinda proud of them this year. That being said they will probably go back to sucking, however I hope they prove me wrong. Timmy Tebow led the Broncos to a win over the Vikings. Go Timmy! Pats over the Colts. Cowboys lose in overtime to the Cardinals and The Jets (ThankYouVeryMuch!)beat the Redskins.

Ok, so on to stamping. this is one of the cards I made for this weekend's stampcamp. I saw one similar to it on Stampin' Connection and thought it would be a quick and easy way to use the Stitched Stocking stamp set and Stocking Builder Punch.



I started with a base of Concord Crush. Such a pretty color! I can't believe it's going to be gone soon. :-( I then used Whisper White c/s and ran it through my Big Shot using my Northern Flurries Embossing Folder, and then I put it aside for a few minutes.

The stocking was stamped with Concord Crush on Whisper White c/s and punched out with the Stocking Builder Punch. I then punched out the heel, toe and cuff using Silver Glimmer Paper and adhered it using Tombow, and attached a pretty little Rhinestone in the middle.

I then took the embossed piece and the Whisper White piece for the inside liner and went to my Smooch/Spritzer box to experiment. I really wish you could see the results! I mixed some Frost White paint with Rubbing Alcohol in a little $1 pump spray bottle I got at a Big Box store and sprayed the c/s a couple of times from the edge of the box and it looks just like the White Shimmer Paper I used at one of my really nice Holiday Card Classes earlier this season. Unbelievably pretty!

*TIP* Remember when you do this not to spray too close, the alcohol will make your c/s curl because it will make your c/s damp.

*TIP* Don't stamp with regular ink and then spray, your ink will run. Ask me how I know! At least I had the foresight to try this out first om a scrap piece instead of on my good piece!

*TIP* Try not to touch anywhere except the outside edge of your card until it is dry because the oil on your fingers will leave marks on the cardstock while it is damp.

I then adhered my 4 Rhinestones to my embossed snowflakes and attached a piece of our beautiful 5/8in Organza ribbon to the front of my card. I just applied a little SNAIL to the edges and tucked them around behind the back of the card. I adhered the stocking next with 2 dimensionals. 1 just below the cuff and one near the bottom and the cuff sits just on the ribbon. Next came the bow.

 Ahhh the bow. The sweet little bow that almost caused blood to flow in my stampcamp this weekend. 9in. of Organza tied with the little bunny ears technique and then adhered with a Mini Glue Dot, to the other ribbon and the front of your card is done. So simple and pretty, but in person it packs such a presence!

So, let me just tell you about "The Bow". (BTW- I have their permission to tell the story here) I'm demonstrating how to tie the "Bow" and J tells D she knows how and will help her out because D seems to be struggling. Now J and D are family. So D decides she's going to keep that bow, and takes it back, but doesn't have it just right (now mind you D is the one that will rival me for my Need for Perfection) and is fussing with it (we finally got it just right). So I tell J, she can have the one I am making. Nope, It's got to be the other one, the one she actually took from D which was D's to start with. I tell you what they were threatening each other over that sweet little bow! I was afraid that Concord Crush card was going to have some Real Red on it! My friend April was there and we just looked at each other! It was soooo funny! J sent me a text later about it, how they were still laughing and how she was already telling the story to other friends!

Here's the inside of the card-


I used the sentiment from Four for the Holidays and I stamped it in Basic Black Classic Ink. I embossed the lower corner with the same Embossing Folder as the front, but I ate the folder up doing it, so I don't recommend trying this. (You know me I had to try and make the inside pretty too! Although the inside is really pretty because it's soooo shimmery!)

The good news is- No Bows were injured in the making of this card and no friendships either! In fact, just beautiful cards and a new found love for card making for 2 friends of mine. J and D had sooo much fun and are so excited to be making cards again soon. I can't wait to do this again with them!

So , while my friend April and I were waiting for J and D to arrive Saturday, we looked over at the Smooching table and wanna know what we saw? Take a look-

Bitty Smooches too!

Yep, My studio assistant Bitty can be counted on to find any box at all, anywhere in the studio, and she found this one Saturday! Doesn't she look sweet?

Well, that's all for today. Come back tomorrow, I'll have more  to show you from this weekend's camp.
Supplies for today's card-

Cardstock- Concord Crush, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink- Basic Black, Concord Crush
Big Shot, Northern Flurries Embossing Folder
Stamp Set- Stitched Stocking, Four for the Holidays
Punches- Stocking Builder
Ribbon- 5/8 in Organza
Accesories- Frost White Paint, Rhinestones, Stampin Dimensionals, Tombow, SNAIL

If you need supplies to make this card or cards like it you can purchase them 24/7 in my ONLINE STORE.

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I hope to see you soon.
Till next time.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan