Friday, April 13, 2012

Faux Tile - Sympathy Card / End of the Week Technique # 28

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Friday! I hope you're having a great end of the week. I know I am and that I'm looking forward to this weekend! It's been a looooong week!

I have an all new End of the Week Technique for you today. It's #28. I can hardly believe I'm on #28 already, WOW!

This week's technique is Faux Tile. I did this card a few weeks back and now it seems like I'm seeing this type of card everywhere. We even did one last night at the stampcamp @ the firehouse. :) It's Super Quick and Easy and you can do it a couple of different ways.

Here's today's card-

Faux Tile card with Fresh Vintage & Petite Pairs stamp sets
I used Riding Hood Red for my base and then did my technique on a piece of Whisper White c/s.

Here's what you're going to need- A scoring tool, (I used my Simply Scored Tool with it's Diagonal Score Plate. I love both of these tools!) and a stamp set, solid images work best.

1- Decide how large you want your "tiles" to be - This is totally up to you. I think these were about 1 3/4". The card we made last night was 1". For ease of instructions we'll go with 1".

2- Score every 1" and then turn your card 1/4 turn and score again using the same measurement.

3- Decide which side of your card you want to show. I used the de-bossed side because I wanted the appearance of "grout-lines" just like a real section of tile. The other side creates a beautiful focal point as well. I'll post one of those cards soon too.

4- Next stamp your image and embellish as you desire. I used 3 of the stamps from the Fresh Vintage collection. I hope you were able to get this set during Sale-A-Bration. It' s so pretty!

5- I didn't do it on this card, but I have since seen cards where they shaded either side of the "grout-lines" for shadowing and dimension. I really like that look as well, but I have to say I really like the clean look of this sample too.

6- Sit back and enjoy how pretty your card is and think about the smile it will bring to it's recipients face. See I told you- Super Quick and Easy. The hardest part is deciding on your color scheme and stamp set.

I sponged the edges of my card with Riding Hood Red Classic Ink and knotted a length of ribbon, in the same color, around the Whisper White piece. For my sentiment I used one of the Petite Pairs sentiments on a piece of Whisper White c/s that I punched out with my Large Oval Punch, and mounted it on a piece of Riding Hood Red c/s punched with my Scalloped Oval Punch. This was mounted over my ribbon with two Stampin Dimensionals. I finished the front of my card with some tiny pearls as an accent and then mounted it to my card base with some dimensionals.

Here's the inside-


I kept it simple here- the rest of the sentiment from the front and 2 of the floral elements from the front all stamped in Riding Hood Red. I stamped off once with the larger stamped image to add some visual interest. A little sponging around the edges and my card was done.

I don't know about you, but I find sympathy cards hard to come up with. I didn't plan on this being a sympathy card, but once I was done I just felt like the card was soothing and so pretty but not "frou-frou" and I thought it might work well for that. What do you think? Are they difficult cards for you as well?

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked it and I hope it inspires you to try something new today. As always I would love to see what you create with this technique.

If you liked today's card, please feel free to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. Also, feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've placed buttons on my sidebar for your convenience. Friends and followers are always welcome too. :)

I hope you to see you right back here next week. I wish you an Amazing weekend filled with Family, Friends and plenty of creative time.

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan