Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mixed Bunch Thank-You / Monday Mojo Challenge #237/ Personal Challenge #17

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday or should I say Tax Day. I hope you have your taxes in and everything works out positively for you. Mine are done and in fact the money's all spent except a little that I'm going to pay for my airfare to Convention with. I was lucky enough to get some new stamping supplies and to pay for my convention registration as well as a few other niceties. :)

Today's card uses some of my new refund purchases. That alone makes me smile, although I think the card's kind of cute too. I used the sketch over at Mojo Monday's for inspiration and that takes care of my personal challenge for the week as well.

Here's today's card-

Mixed Bunch Thank-You Card, Summer Smooches DSP
I think the colors are so bright and cheery and I'm just loving this stamp set and punch. I really hope they make it into the new catalog. I was inspired color-wise by a card I made this weekend at our team meeting (Thanks Robin!)

Here's the Mojo Monday Sketch-


I kept pretty true to the sketch. I simply turned it on it's side and re-positioned the flag.

I started with a base of Daffodil Delight and layered a piece of DSP from the new Summer Smooches collection. How much are you loving that collection? I love it all and that's rare for me, but all the pages are just fabulous. It may be the first pack that I have to fully replace. :)

I inked up my two of my Mixed Bunch stamps in Daffodil Delight to make the flowers. I used my Mixed Bunch Punch to punch them both out and then punched out two more from DD c/s to layer them. I used my bone folder to curl the petals and a little Tombow to adhere them together. Next a few dimensionals to lift them up off of my Whisper White c/s layer.

I love the look of the upper layer of c/s being punched out to show the DSP beneath it. I know it seems like it's everywhere, but it's the first time I've used it and I think it just adds a little something to the card. (Plus it allowed me to get in all 4 circles!) I elevated the WW c/s layer with dimensionals as well to give it more of a 3-D effect. I used my left over corner pieces for this. You use those right? They work great for all sorts of projects and save you money (You know I'm all about the saving money!). Make sure you don't throw them away.

I used another punched flower to make the leaves. I used a little Tombow to stick them up under the edges of my flowers.  I stamped my sentiment from 3 Little Words on a scrap of WW c/s, flagged the end and sponged the edges and then used more Tombow to secure it. Three Little Words is on the retired list that just came out on Sunday. You can check out my website to see all the stamps that are leaving to make room for some Amazing New Ones!

The flag is the only spot on the front of the card that got sponged. This is a departure from most of my cards. Normally if you sponge one element you should sponge them all, but I sponged this layer just to give them impression of another layer instead of adding one. I think it still looks ok. .What do you think?

Here's the inside-


I kept it soooo simple here. The sentiment is from Many Thanks. It's on the retired list so if it's one you been meaning to get don't wait too long. It will be gone May 31. It's been around for quite a while, in fact I got it when I signed up the first time almost 7 years ago. I added a little sponging to the edges of my WW layer here for some added depth and my card was finished.

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked today's card and I hope it inspires you to try something new today, maybe a challenge or a new design element.

If you liked today's card, please feel free to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you! Feel free to +1 or Pin it as well. I've put the buttons on my sidebar for your convenience.  Friends and Followers are always welcome too. :)

You can stop by my ONLINE STORE to see our Retired List and to get any supplies you might need.

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan