Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sweet "Peep" Spinner

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Thursday to you. I hope your week is going great!

I don't know about you but one of my favorite types of cards is a spinner card. I love them because they're just so cute and they never fail to make me smile. :) In fact one of my first End of the Week Techniques was this spinner card.

For the last few Easters we had a really cute stamp set called A Good Egg. One of the stamps was of a little chick in a shell, and lots of people used him to make "Peeps" cards. He was just so precious! When they announced that set was retiring, I have to admit I was pretty bummed. However, this year's set Everybunny is so precious it was hard to be too upset. Especially since it also has a sweet little chicklet. For some reason though, I haven't seen any "Peeps" type cards featuring him. Well, I decided to change that...

Here's today's card-


Isn't he sweet? The best part, this card was so Easy to make. The hardest part was figuring out which colors I wanted to use to water-color with. LOL (Don't you just hate it though when you see something you missed, but you don't see it until it's on your post and you can't fix it? I just noticed I didn't put the ...'s after my "everybunny". Oh well, guess I know what I'll be doing when I get home.)

Any-hoo, back to my sweet little chicklet's card. I started with a base of Daffodil Delight folded to make a 4 1/4" square card. I added a 4' square of printed DSP and used my Word Window Punch to make the channel. You do have one of these punches right? It was the first punch I ever bought about 6 years ago and  is still one of my favorites. It's a must have! I stamped my sweet chickie on Whisper White c/s and used my blender pens and classic ink pads to color him in and then fussy-cut him out. It's hard to see but I went back just before bedtime last night and added a little of our dimensional glitter-glue (can't for the life of me remember what it's called right now. AUGH!) to his shell for a little added sparkle. I popped him up on some dimensionals and pennys, slid him in the channel and sat there and played with him for a few minutes. I then stamped part of the sentiment from the same set onto a scrap piece of Whisper White c/s in Chocolate Chip Classic Ink and punched it out too. I slid it back into the punch and punched again to get a smaller piece. A little sponging around the edge, some dimensionals and a Daffodil Delight Punch below it and the front of my card was done.

*Tip*- when making spinner cards it's helpful to double layer the dimensionals on your spinner layer, to make it easier for your spinner to spin. It's not absolutely necessary, but it does make it spin easier.

Here's the inside-


I stamped the rest of the sentiment from the front of the card in Chocolate Chip. I thought black would be too harsh. I then stamped the sweet little bunny and chick  to give the inside a little something pretty. Isn't he just too sweet?!? I used my blender pens and Classic Ink pads to color and finished it off with some dimensional glitter for just a little something extra. I used a little Bashful Blue to outline him for a little extra dimension and shading. This was the first time I had tried this and I think it really adds to the look. I've seen it on lots of blogs, but boy was I afraid to try. You know me, "Scaredy Cat" all the way...what if I used the wrong color, what if I messed up and had to start all over again and so forth. Whew! Not too bad though for a first attempt, and definitely something  I will do more of. A little sponging around the edge of the cardstock in Daffodil Delight and my card was done.

This card just makes me smile! How about you? I have to say, getting this card from someone would totally make my day. To me, that's the Gold Standard of crafting, to make something you would be happy to receive.

Well, that's all I have for today. I hope you liked it and I hope it inspires you to make something special for someone in your life. I hope you'll come back tomorrow for my End of the Week Technique.

If you liked today's card please feel free to leave me a comment or to +1 or pin it. Also Friends and Followers are always welcome, just click on the buttons in my sidebar.

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan