Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sweet Treat Holder

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope you're having a great day and your week is off to a fabulous start. It's a little cold and overcast here in the DMV, but I've got a bright and cheery project for you today. :)

I'm always looking for cute projects to surprise friends and family with and this project fits the bill. It would also be a great hostess gift for your workshops, or a sweet surprise for a nice co-worker to find on their desk.

Here's today's project-

Two Tags- Treat Holder with Sweet Shoppe DSP
This is so Quick & Easy to make. You could make quite a few in a short amount of time and have them on hand. Love having extras on hand for those last minute occasions that invariably pop up!

I used the Two Tags Die and my Big Shot to create this. I love that die! So many different ways to use it for so many creative projects and accents. I cut out two of the larger tags, scored on the score line and then adhered my two "bottoms" together using Sticky Strip. I probably could have gotten away with Tombow, but I was in a hurry. Although you could conceivably use SNAIL, I wouldn't. I would use something that would ensure me a stronger, more secure hold like the Sticky Strip or Tombow.

Decorating it was a snap. I cut two pieces of DSP from the Sweet Shoppe collection. Since I plan on putting sweets of some sort in there I thought this pattern was just right. I adhered it to both sides with Tombow, added a strip of our White Organza Ribbon through the holes to hold my sides together, tied it all up with a sweet little bow and Done! Like I said, really Quick and Easy!

Here's a side view-

Two Tags Treat Holder
You can see how the bottoms fit together to give you a great platform to adhere your treats too. I didn't put any treats in because I made it during Lent and didn't want to get the chocolate out. :) You could easily fit  small stuff like Kisses or Mini-Reeces cups or some Ferro Rocher. You could even fit snack-size portions of your favorite candy bars in.

Well, that's all I have for today. Hope you liked it and hope it inspires you to make something cute today. If you like this DSP don't wait too long to stock up. It's in our current Mini-Catalog and it will go away at the end of this month as we get ready for the launch of our new catalog in June. It has such cute prints and even some embossed sheets.

Also our retired list is coming out in 5 days. Be sure to check back to make sure you don't miss out on your favorite stamp sets.

If you liked today's project, feel free to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you! Also feel free to  +1 or Pin it. I've put the buttons on my sidebar to make it easy to share. Friends and Followers are always welcome too. :)

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan