Monday, April 9, 2012

Sweet Bunny Spinner

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! I hope you all had a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend. I know I did. :) I spent Friday night with friends, Saturday with friends and babysitting the sweetest little Chunky-Money around, and Sunday cooking a fabulous dinner to eat with my baby girl. All in all pretty good!

I meant to post today's card yesterday, but never even got around to checking my e-mail on the computer. What in the world did we do before smartphones? So this is a day late for Easter but I think it's still a really cute card and if you aren't familiar with spinner cards, it might give you ideas for your own.

Here's today's card-

Spinner card with EveryBunny stamp set and Nursery Nest DSP

Don't you love it when you can use DSP from one specific set for a totally different type of card? I do! It's like getting another pack of DSP for free! For this card I started with a base of Perfect Plum. I'm not usually a Pastel-ly kind of person but I'm trying. Then I added this 4 x 4 piece of DSP from the Nursery Nest DSP Collection. Such soft pretty colors and I felt like the up and down pattern kind of mirrored the motion of my sweet little bunny as she spins her way across my card.

I used the sweet little bunny from the EveryBunny stamp set and water-colored her in with my Blender Pen and Classic Ink Pads. Doesn't she look like she's holding on to that egg and getting ready for her ride? It's hard to see but I used some Dazzling Details on the inside of her ear and all around the darker outside edge of her shell for a little shine. I inked up part of the sentiment with my Stampin Write Markers in Perfect Plum, and punched it out with my Word Window Punch. A little sponging around the edges and some Stampin Dimensionals and the front was done,

Here's the inside-

Inside of card with EveryBunny stamp set

I inked up the rest of the sentiment the same way and stamped it on a piece of Whisper White c/s. I stamped the sweet little "egg-flower" with Basic Black Classic Ink and then water-colored it with my Blender Pen and Classic Ink Pads as well. For some added sparkle I once again used my Dazzling Details to make the image and the inside of my card even prettier. I also outlined the image with some Bashful Blue for a little shadowing and to make the image "pop" just a little. A little sponging around the edges of my card for a final little detail and my card was done.

I wish you could see it in person. It's just so cute not to mention fun to watch my sweet little bunny spin her way back and forth across the card. :) You know it's the small things in life. LOL

Well, that's all I have for you today. I should be getting back to my regular schedule this week of designing and posting; Look for a challenge card later this week and an All-New End of the week technique too.

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked it, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan