Monday, April 2, 2012

Triple Treat Welcome

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Mine was full of fun as my best guy friend and I spent it out and about with friends. We went out with some of his classmates Friday evening and didn't get in until 3:30. Been a while since I was out that late. Saturday night we celebrated a friend's birthday and had lunch yesterday before I ran errands and cleaned house. Unfortunately, I didn't win the huge Lottery. Just imagine all the creative fun I could have had with that! LOL!

Another bit of excitement on Saturday, I welcomed my first team member. Jovanka got a great deal by signing up during Sale-A-Bration and I'm so excited for her. She was at the birthday party Saturday night, so I got busy and made her a little "Welcome" card to show her how excited I was about her coming on  board.

Here it is-


It uses the Triple Treat Flower, which is one she'll be getting to play with soon since she got it in her starting kit. She wasn't too sure about getting it to start with, but decided she liked it after she got her card. :)

I started with a base of 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 piece of Island Indigo scored and folded to make a 4 1/4 square card and randomly stamped the flower in the same ink, for a tone-on-tone look. I knew I was going to add the punched flower, but didn't really have a plan for how when I stamped the card. This initially gave me pause but it all worked out.

I stamped the flower 3 times, all on Very Vanilla c/s. The bottom flower was stamped in Island Indigo and punched out with the Fancy Flower Punch. The middle layer was stamped in Pool Party and punched out with the 5-Petal Flower Punch and the top flower was inked in Pool Party but then I "tap-danced" over it with Island Indigo for a different look. I didn't have the 1/2" Circle Punch, so I made-do and used the smallest flower in the Boho Blossoms Punch. I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. All three layers are popped up with dimensionals.

When I went to position my punched flower I was just going to layer it over the stamped image I had in the center of my card, but then my flower would have been at an odd angle that I wasn't real happy with. I was trying not to add too many layers because I really wanted the flower to be the focal point...

Then I saw it! The stamped image just looks like another layer underneath the punched layers. How cool was that little realization? I stamped the sentiment "just for you" from Teeny Tiny Wishes onto a scrap of Very Vanilla and punched it out with my Small Oval Punch. It fit just right! A little Island Indigo sponging and some dimensionals and the front was done.

Here's the inside-


I kept it simple. I didn't have any "Welcome" stamps that I could use like some of the demonstrators have, so I got a little creative. I used the "Welcome Baby" stamp from my Petite Pairs set and just inked it up with my Stampin Write Marker. A little sponging around the edge and Jovanka's card was done!

I know you're probably wondering where my extra little pretty is for the inside. I couldn't think of what to put in there. I was stumped. As I'm writing this I realize I could have put a few Boho Blossoms in there, but as it turns out, there wasn't any room after I wrote my note. The good news is she was excited about her card, and I'm excited to have one of my friends join with me, so she can have lots of fun and get a great discount on the supplies she already loves. Win-Win!

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked my little card. I hope it inspires you to have a little fun creating and maybe try something new.

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked it, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I hope you'll come back tomorrow for another project.

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan