Friday, February 10, 2012

Just a Little Love Note

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Friday. I hope you have had a great day.

I woke up today with energy for the first time in over 2 weeks. :) I think the new antibiotics are finally taking care of my pneumonia. Thanks to everyone who has sent love and prayers over the past few days. You are appreciated more than you know! Today's the first time I've had the energy to stamp or craft this week and I just wanted to share with you.

Just a quick post and a little love for you today.

Sometimes I think we, society as a whole, (and my fellow stampers as well as myself) forget about the really small things. I know myself, I rarely think about 3 x 3 cards. Look at most of the blogs out there and you rarely see 3 x 3's. When I do see them, they're usually in the form of a thank-you note we might send our customers.

But what about just a quick note to say how much we love or appreciate those that mean the most to us personally. Our lives are so hectic, we often forget to tell those we love just how much they mean to us. Worse, we forget to show them. Sometimes, we find the time to slip a quick handwritten note in our kids lunches, or send a quick text, but how about a quick card....Just Because.

I don't know about you, but when I sit down to think about a card it's rarely with the idea for a really Quick and Easy or Clean and Simple card. Look at most of the sketch challenges even, layer after layer and almost always full sized. This usually involves a commitment of 30 minutes to an hour or more unless I'm blessed with one of those moments of instant clarity when I see the sketch. What about just a quick card to tuck into a jacket pocket, a briefcase, or on the pillow?

This card has a few elements, but it came together in a flash and you could make quite a few in one sitting and have them ready for anytime. Here's a Little Love for you-



How nice would it be to find something like this on your pillow, or tucked in your wallet or commuter bag? Heck, your male significant others could be left alone with a few supplies for an hour or so, make some of these and feel like the Man of the Month!

It's a 6 x 3 piece of Basic Black scored at 3 to make a 3 x 3 card. A square of Whisper White at 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 holds a black heart that I cut out using my Heart Framelets. I used my Hearts Adorning Accents Edgelet Folder to emboss it. I then cut out a Real Red Heart with my Scalloped Heart Embosslet and layered it on top. A little Real Red heart, from the Beautiful Hearts Embosslet was added to the bottom.

The Sentiment is from the P.S. I Love You stamp set. I inked the p. s. with my Basic Black Stampin Write Marker.

Here's the inside-


I colored the rest of the sentiment from the front with my Basic Black and Real Red Stampin Write Markers and stamped it on a piece of Whisper White c/s. The little red heart was cut and embossed with the Beautiful Hearts Embosslet. I added a little Two-Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds to make it shine. I really wish it picked up better in the picture, it's so sweet! The nice thing about the embosslet is you get 5 different embossed and cut out hearts at one time. Extras for later, and you can use either the embossed or debossed area.

I also love that the "I" is dotted with a little heart. So Sweet!

Well, that's all I have for you today. It's just now 8 pm and I am getting ready to crawl back into bed. I can't wait to be over this whole pneumonia stuff. So Not A Fan!

I hope you liked today's card and I hope it reminds you as it reminded me, that sometimes it really is just the small things that can make a big difference. I hope it inspires you to try something small. It doesn't need to have a lot of elements, to be special. Remember the goal of this blog- Just Try!

I hope you have a great day and a great weekend filled with time to spend with family and friends and of course lots of creative time. I am looking forward to some creative time myself and hopefully the opportunity to guest blog and help out a hopefully new blogging friend. Will let you know how that turns out.

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)
Till next time-

Remember- Life is not about Waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan