Monday, February 13, 2012

MDS Monday - Experimenting With Punched Layers

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday. I hope you had a great weekend! I don't know about you but I am ready for summer to be here! I woke up Saturday with energy for the first time in weeks and thought I was definitely on the mend only to wake up yesterday with more sinus issues. UGH!!!!! So I took the day off today today to rest in hopes that that listening to my body might make it happy, we'll see.

To that end, just a quick MDS Monday post for you today. I did this last night while I was waiting for the chinese take-out to arrive. I originally had planned on another scrap-book layout but my mojo wasn't there so I decided to do a card. I actually used a challenge sketch as the inspiration. I wanted to see if I could use my punches to make the DSP strips flagged in the middle like a piece of ribbon. This had been my original plan for a card when I saw the sketch, but since I've been so sick this past week I never got around to making it, and I wanted to see if I could make a go of it here instead. I think it turned out pretty nice.

Here's today's card-


I used a base of Riding Hood Red and a layer of Very Vanilla. For the center "Flagged"area, I used Everyday Enchantment DSP from Sale-A-Bration and Riding Hood Red and then used the Square Punch filled with Very Vanilla to take out the "cut" section. I think it turned out great!

I used the Curly Label Punch for the central focal point. I love that you can change the size of the different elements to suit your design needs. To me it almost looks likes one of our new "Label Framelts" here. I used the "mat" feature to help my Riding Hood Red one stand out from the background and then added another one in Very Vanilla to "stamp " my image on.  I used the Upsy Daisy Stamp in Riding Hood Red and lightened the color with the opacity feature. Love that! My sentiment is from the same set in Early Espresso.

Here's the challenge sketch-



Here's the inside-


The sentiment is from the set Enjoy the Moment. I put a few more daisies in the corner to add a bit of pretty and I think I've got a nice card to send someone. What do you think?

Well, I'm off to rest up while the laundry's going and I watch some t.v. and try and get an appointment scheduled to do my taxes later this week. I hope you have a great day and I hope to see you back here later this week.

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)
Till next time-

Remember- Life is not about Waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan