Monday, February 6, 2012

MDS Monday - DMB-AC 2011 My First Scrap-book Page

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! I hope you had a good weekend. I'm still sick and spent most of the weekend laid up on the couch wheezing and coughing and waiting on my steroids to kick in. (Not a pretty sight, I assure you)  

Did you watch the Super Bowl last night? I'm sad my Patriots lost, but I have to say they did it to themselves. They lost it in the first quarter, really should have started out much stronger and I think it would have been a much different game. I'm very sad now, because there's no more football till August when college ball starts back up. :'( *tear* *Moment of Silence*
Did you like the commercials? I wasn't overly impressed this year. I liked the M&M one and the Doritos ones, especially the slingshot baby. Where were the great Budweiser Clydesdale commercials? The Coke Polar Bear commercials were good, but overall not impressive this year.
What about the halftime show? Not a big fan of Madonna to start with, but she did better than I expected, still not WOW'ed. And what was up with MIA pulling her little stunt? This is why we get old people like Madonna doing the half-time show in the first place. Grow-up! And speaking of that, could Madonna not try to look and act like she's in her 20's any more, just saying.
I did however think that Blake and Miranda did a bang up job at the beginning singing and that Kelly Clarkson looked very pretty and did an Amazing job singing the National Anthem. Way to go K.C. Too many people try to over-sing it and she left it pure and got the lyrics right.

So- on to today's project. How about our Fabulous new offer of a 30day FREE trial of our My Digital Studio? Isn't that Amazing? On the ride home Friday, I was talking to the lady driving me, she has a little girl and we got to talking about scrap-booking. I told her I wanted to do more scrap-booking but I always felt intimidated by the thought of doing 12 x 12 pages and felt like maybe others did too, and that's why I kind of leaned towards 6 x 6 albums instead. She told me she was intimidated by the thought of 12 x 12's too, and had once gone to a scrap event and spent a long time just staring at the page trying to figure out what she was going to do.

I told her about our MDS and our new FREE Trial offer and how one of the nicest things about MDS was the ability to not only make cards but to scrap-book. I told her that I did MDS Monday here and I hadn't actually done any scrap-book pages but maybe it was time and that I would try one for this week. She mentioned having lots of embellishments already and wanting to be able to use them as a concern for not getting a digital medium. When I told her how she could easily make hybrid projects I think she was a little intrigued. I also told her how easy it was to use our MDS embellishments and to alter the colors and even to color match. I actually used that feature on this weeks project. When I left I gave her the link to my site and hopefully she'll be able to drop by and get a free month of MDS and try it out.

Are you ready for today's project?  Here it is-


It's funny how you envision things one way and they end up a totally different way. I had planned to use this background picture as just a background, very light opacity, way in the background and layer other pictures on it. But as I started doing that I decided it was really too important of a picture to not include on it's own.

The really nice thing about MDS is if I was scrap-booking traditionally I wouldn't have the option of having a custom background DSP showing the layout of our "Girls-Weekend" This was the first time my sister and I had been away for a "Girls-Weekend" in 3 years. We'd only been away one other time, for an overnight "Road-Trip", during that time.

This background picture is a banner inside Bader Field, Atlantic City N.J., where we went to see DMB (Dave Matthews Band for the un-initiated of you) on his 5 City Caravan 2011 Tour. You can see the ripples in the material from the wind. Bader Field is an old Air Field. There were 3 nights and 2 days of DMB and other Amazingly Talented Artists on 3 stages. We had such a Blast!

The pictures are left to right Days 1-3.

I used the Mat feature to Mat each picture. Days 1 and 3 were matted in Baja Breeze. Looking at the picture I originally thought I would just be able to pick Lucky Limeade, or Pear Pizzazz, or Wild Wasabi, something simple, but nothing was coming out right so I color matched and scrolled around until I found this color that is in the grassy area on the picture. I don't have to worry about it matching, I pulled it straight from the picture, I know it matches. (: Pretty cool. And, I was able to try lots of different colors to see which match I liked the best. So Simple!

I used Cherry Cobbler for the Text at the top and lightened the opacity, just a little and I was done.

So, in the end, I started and finished with the same 4 elements I started with the background photo and the 3 snapshots and ended up using them in totally different ways than I had envisioned.

What do you think? Have I inspired you to try Digital scrap-booking? What about just Digital Crafting? If so, why don't you head on over to my ONLINE STORE where you can get a FREE one month trial of Stampin' Up's Fabulous My Digital Studio. I'd love to see what you create.

If you liked today's project, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :).

Till next time-

Remember- Life is not about Waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan