Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Fresh Vintage Challenge- Try Stamping On Tuesday # 51 /My Challenge #5

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Thursday. Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but this sinus infection has been kicking my rear-end. I went to the Minute-Clinic straight from the car-pool line Tuesday, got some Antibiotics and other meds, went home, took a shower and fell into bed wet hair and all (thank God, for curly hair) at 7:30 and didn't get back out till the next morning.

I am happy to report however, that I went home yesterday and made a card for Try Stamping on Tuesday's Challenge that I absolutely fell in love with!

Here it is-



And here's the challenge sketch-


What do you think? I think it's pretty close!

You always hope when you make a card that you're going to be happy with it. I mean no-one wants to make a card and say "I just don't know....." Although, we all have those cards, that we're just not sure of...maybe we needed to have done something else, what's it missing, it's just not right....

Not this one. As soon as I finished each step, I got more and more excited and when it was all done and I went in to take the picture, I was actually upset that the only people I had around to show it to was my two studio assistants, Duece and Bitty Kitty. ):

I  used a Base of Concord Crush. Such a lovely color, it'll be gone soon, enjoy it now and stock up if it's one you love. I layered it with a piece of Whisper White c/s. I used a mixture of Frost White paint and Rubbing Alcohol in a pump spray bottle to make my own Shimmer Paint and spritzed all 3 pieces of Whisper White c/s and allowed them to dry prior to stamping on them. It gives them almost the same shimmery sheen as the ones in our catalog.

I took the floral spray stamp from Sale-A-Bration's Fresh Vintage stamp set and inked it up in Wisteria Wonder and randomly (yeah, yeah, I know I hate that word, but it actually came out ok on this project) stamped all over my cardstock, turning my stamp and making sure to stamp off the cardstock and to mostly fill in the white space. I think the overall effect is lovely. It reminds me of French Toile (which by the way blogger spell check hates). I popped this layer up with dimensionals, and started on the next one. The focal layer is stamped in Concord Crush on the Shimmer White and I wish you could see how beautiful it really is. I Tombowed it onto a small frame of Concord Crush as well.

In between these two layers is my little surprise.

Isn't this Wisteria Wonder Organza Ribbon Scrumptious? What you don't remember seeing seeing it in the catalog? You didn't. I made it. I took one of my sponge wedges and inked it up and then rubbed it over our beautiful White Organza Ribbon and turned it into Wisteria Wonder Ribbon. You can do that with any color. How versatile is that? For the bow, I simply made sure to ink up both sides of the ribbon. I secured the single piece of ribbon over the strip of Concord Crush c/s across the middle of my card and tucked the ends underneath with snail. I simply secured the bow with a Mini-Glue Dot.

I mounted my focal point over the ribbon with dimensionals and the front of my card was done. On to the inside-



I kept it real simple here. I know that's hard to believe. The shimmery paper makes a real statement on it's own. Trust me. A simple sentiment from P.S. I Love You, and 3 little flowers from the Fresh Vintage set complete the card. I of course adhered the liner with Tombow to make sure it would stay with the card always, and then I did my happy dance.

What do you think? I hope it brings you as much joy as it brought me when I finished it. I am also happy to report that I am still on track with my goal of at least one challenge a week and would like to say Thanks to Try Stamping on Tuesday for such an Amazing sketch for inspiration. I will be using this card in an upcoming class for sure! If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I  hope you'll check back in tomorrow for my End of the Week Technique. It's a Valentine's Day card we did last week at Stamp Camp that the girls all did a great job with.

Card Recipe-
Cardstock-Concord Crush, Whisper White
Ink-Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder
Stamp Sets- Fresh Vintage, P.S. I Love You
White Oraganza Ribbon
Accesories- Frost White Shimmer Paint, Dimensionals, Clear Block C, SNAIL, TOMBOW

If you liked this card, You can get the set for FREE with a $50.00 purchase. You can shop my ONLINE STORE 24/7  



Till next time-

Remember- It's not about Waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to Dance in the Rain

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Pretty card! You did a great job. Thanks for playing along this week at TST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch! Beautifuly done! Thanks for playing along with us over at Try Stampin;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Looks just like old fashioned wallpaper. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan