Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Short Sweet Valentine

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Valentine's Day! I hope today finds you full of love and on the receiving end of much more.

Just a quick little post today. I know everyone is probably tired of seeing all the Valentine's Day themed cards and projects, but not me. I love, love. I love being in love, I love loving and being loved in return and I think it's a shame that we focus on it so much just on one day of the year. I hope I don't let myself forget to do "Love" themed cards often here, throughout the year. But, because I already had my "big" cards done for today, I thought I'd do another small "just because" love note for today. You really can't ever have enough of these hanging around. You never know when you might need or just want one.

I got the idea for this from a card I saw on a challenge a while back. I think it was from the Amazing Carrie Gaskins. It's Quick and Easy and re-purposes scraps, which if you know me is something I love to do.

Here's today's card-


It's another 3 x 3 card. I love the thought of just slipping one of these inside a jacket pocket or a lunch or laying them on a loved one's pillow. It starts with a base of Real Red, and a layer of Basic Black. I then used the frame from my Beautiful Hearts Embosslet as the base to fit my embosslets in. You know, when you use the Embosslet to get your 5 little hearts, the large frame is embossed as well. I simply cut that out and Tombowed it to my Basic Black c/s. I then used multiple hearts to fill in the empty spaces. I Tombowed them all in, so they would stay put. It's like doing a puzzle, except you get to make it look exactly like you want it too. An extra little heart to the side, well just because I could and the front was done.

Here's the inside-


I used the sentiment from P.S. I Love You and inked it in Real Red with my Stampin Write Marker. It's actually part of the sentiment that says Love You, Miss You, Kiss You. I love that it's easy to just use part of the sentiment by inking it with the markers. An extra little heart to the bottom and my card is done. So quick, so easy, but how much would this mean to you if someone you loved gave it to you?

*Tip*- I don't know about you but when I'm using my Embosslet and I'm making more than one heart, I just save all  the extras in an old brads container. I know I'll need hearts at some point and that way I have them all ready to go, kind of like having an assortment of buttons or brads at the ready.

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked my sweet little Valentine. I hope it inspired you to make a few little love notes to have on stand-by or, if you're running a little behind, a sweet little card for tonight. It's not too late.

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I hope you'll join me back here soon for more ideas.

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan