Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Sweet Card for Valentines Day or Anytime

Pin It
Hey y'all. I hope today finds you feeling well or at least better than it finds me. I will hopefully be in possession of some antibiotics in about 5 hours and feeling much better in the next 24. My cold has turned into a sinus infection and my teeth and jaws hurt sooo bad I can't even begin to tell you. :'(

On a happier note I have a card today for you that just makes me smile and I'm sure it's going to make you smile too. (At least I hope it does) It's one we did this weekend at my stampcamp and the girls loved it! It was one of their favorite cards this weekend. It's one of my original ideas and can I just say that when I finally finished it I definitely did a happy dance. This was the first time I had done this design with the 3 panels and the layers, so you know it took me forever to get the measurements just right, right? But once they were done, Wow! I was so stoked! I had originally planned on doing this in Pool Party but didn't have enough for Saturday and I'm so glad it worked out that way.

Here's today's card-


Sorry about the lighting. I didn't get a chance to use the good light last night since I crawled into bed at 7:30. Isn't it precious! I have to tell you, I wasn't too sure about this stamp set when I first saw it, but I am really starting to love it and the coordinating DSP is simply fabulous. I used Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, and Sweet Shop DSP and layered them as a base for my fabulous focal point. I also used our beautiful White Organza ribbon and Lucky Limeade Ribbon (a Sale-A-Bration Exclusive) to anchor the bottom of the card (isn't it nice how it fits just perfectly in the center of the organza ribbon?) I tied a little triple bow to finish it off and adhered it to the card with a Mini-Glue Dot.

I used my Stampin Write Markers to color in my stamp for my large focal point. I used Lucky Limeade for everything except the following, Crumb Cake for the cupcake base, Real Red for the heart and the cherry and Garden Green for the stem. I used Dazzling Diamonds and my Two-Way Glue Pen for the cherry and the heart but for the frosting I used our new Vanilla Scented Embossing Powder and Dazzling Diamonds mixed together in a 1:1 ratio. I used my VersaMark Pen and colored in the area and then embossed the area with my Heat and Stick powder and then again with my Vanilla/Diamonds mixture. As you can see in the picture above it gave a nice effect. I wish you could have smelled my kitchen. It was like baking custard without the calories, or the mess!

Here's a closeup-


Don't you just want to take a bite out of it?

I went with the "You're So Sweet" stamp to show the versatility of this set, and I didn't even use my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, a big leap of faith for me. (:

Here's the inside-


Sorry about the paperclip at the top. Like I said earlier, I didn't get to do these pictures at home so it was either the paperclip or my fat fingers. I figured the paperclip was more attractive. I used the chocolate covered strawberry from P.S. I Love You (which I have to say is fast becoming one of my all time favorite seasonal sets) colored it with my Stampin Write Markers in Chocolate Chip, Real Red and Garden Green and added some Dazzling Diamonds to the top of the Strawberry to give it a "Sugared" look. If you look back at the first picture you can see that the DSP has chocolate covered strawberries on it. That's one of the reasons I chose this image, v.s. say a cupcake or a cherry. I purposefully left the sentiment blank, since this was for my camp and I wanted them to be able to envision it as not only a Valentine's day card but a card for a friend, or even for that special someone, just not on VD.

Well, that's all I have for you today. What do you think? I hope you like it & I hope it inspires you to try a new design layout of your own.

If you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I hope to see you back here soon.

Till next time-

Remember- Life is not about waiting out the storm, It's about learning to Dance in the rain,

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan