Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Quick and Easy Nursery Nest Shower Card

Pin It
Hey y'all! Happy Monday-Tuesday! I hope you're having a good day. While the sun is not shining here in the DMV, the rain has stopped for the time being at least. (:

I know I'm supposed to have a MDS Monday card for you today but sadly I didn't upload one so, I'll have to show it to you tomorrow. But I do have a card for you anyways.

Did you have a good 3-day weekend? I hope so! I got to do lots of stamping and crafting, including a Valentine's Stampcamp at my up-line's house on Saturday morning. When I left there I raced home to schedule the DVR to tape the Saints and the 49'ers (I'm soooo sad. I heard the outcome as I was watching the Pats - Broncos game which I just wanted to be close and exciting and was another let-down. *tear*) and make a quick baby-shower card and get ready to head out to Md. for any afternoon of fun. My friend Jackie is having a little girl and I wanted to make a cute little card. Let me tell you I wasn't sure what I was gonna make, but you know it was gonna be cute, right? Then I discovered I had no pink paper. Yep! You read that right.

NO Pink Paper!


Not even sufficient scraps for a 3 x 3. My Blushing Bride would arrive on Monday but that would be too late. How in the world had this happened?!? What to do? What to do? Think. Think. Think. (You know you're saying it with me in your best Pooh-Bear voice)

Well, I got out my Nursery Nest DSP and got the 12 x 12 sheet with the 2 birds from the stamping studio downstairs and got busy. I went upstairs, set the timer and in under 20 minutes start to finish (and that included an extra trip downstairs for another sheet of DSP to get the OWL DSP to decorate the inside and fussy cut him out) had designed and finished a card that not only my mom-to-be loved but had some of the guests coming up to me afterwards asking me about my business and Stampin' Up.  Can I just say I LOVE how SU's DSP can not only jump start our creativity, but can take our cards from 0 to complete in nothing flat. Wanna see?


Sure it's not Pink but it sure is cute and how stinking easy was it? Even though the DSP is actually Pear Pizzazz I  layered it on Lucky Limeade and it still coordinated great! I simply cut it down from the 12 x 12 sheet, Tombowed it to the card base and then to jazz it up a little, added some Dazzling Diamonds with my Two-Way Glue Pen. So Simple, but everyone loved it and couldn't believe I made it!

Here's the inside-


A sentiment from Curvy Verses meant I didn't need to take the time to get out my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to insure everything was perfectly straight, plus that set always has great sentiments! Then I realised I needed something for the inside of the card, you know me! I couldn't give the card just plain like that! so I ran back downstairs to get more DSP and came back upstairs to fussy cut this cute little fella and Tombow him to the inside of the card. A little Two Way Glue Pen and some Dazzling Diamonds and then he and my card were pretty enough to give.

 See what I mean?

I really wish they had put some pink owls in this DSP to go with the Green and Blue ones, but my card was so well received it's hard to be too upset. (:

What do you think? I know when I first saw this page in the DSP I only thought of it as a Scrapbook page, so I had trouble seeing myself using it. It's also really hard for me to come up with cards on the fly, and I had no time to spare so it's nice to be able to tell my clients how they can totally use DSP to make a card that others will love and they can be proud to give. Besides, SU may have come up with the paper, but I came up with the card. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

I hope you like my card and I hope it inspires you to use DSP for your own card creation in a way you wouldn't have expected too. If you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I'll see you back here tomorrow.

Till then-

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan