Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Try Try Again, A MDS Re-Do

Pin It
Morning y'all. Really quick post today. Migraine is really kicking my butt today. I'm sure it is just all the stress I'm under. :-(   Unfortunately that doesn't look to be letting up any until after next Friday, so I'll just have to push on through. At least I'm not at my old job where I had one literally every single day, hand to heaven, EVERY DAY!

So, you know I'm learning MDS, right? Are you learning yours too? I think overall it's really very intuitive and easy to do, and probably most of the stuff I make harder than it needs to be. (Go figure!) I did this card last week for New Years-


And, while I liked it, it wasn't everything I want it to be. I wanted the DSP to be on the top to signify the fireworks in the night sky, but I wanted a colored bottom with a scalloped border and every time I tried to get the border I could only get the border to go across the whole card and not just the one layer so I finally  had so settle for this layout.

Luckily, I have the guru of all MDS guru's for an upline Jan Wakeland and I shot her e-mail and she helped me out and after a quick little tinker I was able to tweak my card to fit my original idea. Here it is-


Not a big change, and now that I'm looking at them both here, I may actually like the first one better, but would go back and add the scalloped border to it. What do you think? Either way, I think  one of the nicest things about MDS is no wasted paper! SCORE! :-)

Well like I said quick post today card wise. I have a quick little video for you today. I was in the mood for a little pick me up and this song always does it for me. It's a really positive message and it never fails to make me smile. I hope it makes you smile too-


I hope you have an Amazing day and come back tomorrow to see the new card I have for you featuring items from our new Occasions Mini and Sale-A-Bration Catalogs.

Till next time-

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan