Tuesday, January 3, 2012

MDS Monday - Sympathy Cards

Pin It
Hey y'all! Well, 2012 is finally here. I hope 2011 ended on a good note for you and 2012 is starting on an even better one! This is going to be a quick post as I am working with a small migraine. I put this off till the afternoon hoping it would go away, but no luck. I also know it's Tuesday, but I took the day off yesterday to do some "Spring cleaning around the house and to play in the studio, so as it's a "Monday-Tuesday" kind of week I figured I could get away with posting my MDS Monday post today.

I don't know about you but sympathy cards are not the easiest to for me to do. I always think masculine ones are hard, but sympathy ones are even harder. You want to hit just the right note. You want to be pretty without being over the top. I like this stamp set, Thoughts and Prayers, and it's one I've been wanting to get for a while and have been passing over in favor of occasional items and was so glad that it came standard in my MDS suite.

Here's the card I made-


I used Soft Suede, Always Artichoke, and Very Vanilla for the colors and I really liked how it came out.

In fact, I liked I so  much I just changed the words to make it card for a friend of mine who is going through a rough patch right now.


And here's the inside-


And here is one of my favorite songs for her and for anyone who is going through a tough time in their life-

Enjoy-



Now, for a really personal moment- As I was finishing this post I got a call from the doctor's office. I'm sure everything will be fine, but the mammogram I did last week had an abnormality on it and I'll be going back in next Friday ( Augh, Friday the 13th!) for another exam. So, if you believe in prayer or even just positive thoughts and energy, I'd really appreciate it if you could send them my way. Thanks.

Well, that's all I have for today. I hope you liked my card and I hope you'll stop back in real soon to see what else I have in store for you. I've been playing around with my new supplies and can't wait to show you.
 If you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :) 


Till next time-

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan