Friday, January 6, 2012

Love You Just The Way You Are!

Pin It
Hey y'all.
So here's the post I've been meaning to post all week. I am hopefully still sound asleep in bed, but as my mind has been all wrapped up the last few days I truly doubt that is happening. Hopefully, I at least got to sleep in at least a little though.

When I saw this sentiment in the Sale-A-Bration set Sprinkled Expressions I knew I had to have it! I love the sentiment "You make my whole face smile" but I would have purchased $50.00 in merchandise just for this one sentiment to stamp cards for my sweet daughter.
It says "Love you just the way you are" and I do. I hope she reads this post soon. She recently moved to Tennessee and I miss her like Crazy! Actually, I kinda hope she doesn't read this, because this will be going in the mail to her and it would be nice to have it be a surprise.

Wanna see it?

This is how it started

I used a base of Poppy Parade, love that color! So sad this is the last year it's an in color. ): *tear* I then took a layer of Everyday Enchantment DSP (a Sale-A-Bration bonus) and used one of my new heart framelets to cut out the heart in the center. Love how easy they are to use and of course now I have a beautiful heart that I can use in another project. Bonus! I inked up the heart image from the Sprinkled Expressions Stamp set with Poppy Parade and stamped it on a scrap piece of Very Vanilla c/s and adhered that to the back of the DSP. I then popped this up with dimensionals on the Poppy Parade base and the front was done. So quick and easy.

On to the inside-


I stamped the central image again in the lower inner corner after stamping off 3 times to get a much lighter image. I stamped the sentiment full color.

*Tip* Wanna know a secret? All 3 sentiments in this set have sentiments and curvy symbols either hearts, stars or flowers. I got this set in clear mount and cut the stamps separating the sentiments from the symbols so I could stamp them with the symbols as I did above or I could stamp just the sentiment as I did in my other card here. This keeps you from having to mask the stamp. You can also do this when you mount your wood stamps or when you transfer your wood mount to cling mount.

So, I thought that I was done, but I just felt like it needed a little something else, so I went to my old stand by and you know what I did right? Yep! I called on my old friend Tink. Here's what she did-


Unfortunately, I could not get an angle where my Stoopid BB would pick up the true shine that was coming off of this card. It just looks sugared here, but trust me, it was just the extra touch that was needed.

Well, I hope you like it, and I hope you think it was worth the wait. But more importantly, I hope my sweet, darling, baby, girl who "I Love Just The Way She Is" loves it!

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I am still, despite everything, going to try and get a EWT done for this week and ready to post either late today or tomorrow and as soon as I know something health wise I will be sure to post it.

If I don't get to post over the weekend, I hope you all have a great weekend with lots of time to spend with friends and family and of course lots of time for stamping and designing.

Till next time-

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan